ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car died

Dci 1.5
I got a 2004 dci 65 and after two days it died on me. Booked it into Hursts and apparently a pully shattered which in turn put the timing outa line. So im gettin a new engine put in her for free!!! Pretty lucky she still has 3 weeks left of warrenty!

anyone had similar problem?

I've heard of two cars (both abroad) which failed like this but its a rare one.
Make sure you bed the new engine in hard (ie when its warn when you pick it up hammer it to 4.5k a few times) change the oil at 3k then once between ever service (ie even 9k or 1 yr) for the best.

Dci 1.5
lol ano i was lucky. How much would it have cost me if i had to pay for it? I thougt u had to take it a wee bit easy to run the new engine in, does it make any advantages to push it a bit had like u sed?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i think with reno prices for a brand new engine it would have been about £4,000 or somthing? maby more!

the ones that are run in hard are usually the fastest ones!

You wopn't get a new engine you'd go to J3ned and get him to drop a brand new crate engine for about £1.5k. A brand new Renault engine without injectors is £3.5k.
Otherwise just get a 172 transplant done for £1.5k in parts and about £1k labour.
I'd get the extended warently though injecotors etc arn't cheap i paid £600 for my warently till 90k and another 2 yrs.
Hard milages does wonders for the engine mines much better now with 54k on it. I'd think its 1.2 16V quick even if its officially 10hp short.

Beetle
how come it only had three weeks warranty left being a 2004 model? thought they had 3 years?

SEAT LEON
At Work We Have Ad Lots Of These Problems With The K9k's Failing In This Way. What Happens Is The Alternator Pully Breaks Causing Sharp Objects And Shreads The Aux Belt. Then Bits Of The Aux Belt Disapear In The Timing Casing And Knock The Timing Out Which Ther For Bends Valves Etc, And Engine Dies Of Death.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Scott-16v! said:
how come it only had three weeks warranty left being a 2004 model? thought they had 3 years?

Thats wot i thaught !!!

Still shud have warrenty till 2007

Ah well, at least there replacing it. :approve: Still got another year left on it then