ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My bumper looks a mess, any sugestions?

172 Race Car
The mounting point on both the bumper and the wing are broken and the only way i could get it to sit right was by drilling a hole and fitting a small bolt.

IMAGE_501.gif

Ive seen some cars with bonnet pin style clips on them, kind of making it quick release. could i do this or does anyone have any sugestions on what would look better than the bolt?

Id do the same on the other side too

Punto/Clio GTT
have you actually put that in now?

tbh you could have done it without putting bolts through your bumper.

just drop it off and make everything sit properly, screw it all back together.

drop the wheel off and shitguard off and get it all tightened up properly. put in new bolt holes if needed if the bumper brackets broke or something.

if that is 100% the only way you are gonna do it (which i know there is other ways) then drop the screw out, use a big drill bit and countersink the screw, skim of fibreglass, skim of filler and blow it in with an aerosol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Aerocatch Bonnet Pins could look pretty cool... Touring Car Stylee Quick Release Bumper

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can i just point out that this damage/condition was absolutely nothing to do with me.

Thanking you please.

172 Race Car
drop the wheel off and s**tguard off and get it all tightened up properly. put in new bolt holes if needed if the bumper brackets broke or something.

if that is 100% the only way you are gonna do it (which i know there is other ways) then drop the screw out, use a big drill bit and countersink the screw, skim of fibreglass, skim of filler and blow it in with an aerosol

Thats is the best/only way at the time. it was bodged before and there is no where left to mount it. The morning of the mot it just fell off. I understand what your saying tho

Aerocatch Bonnet Pins could look pretty cool... Touring Car Stylee Quick Release Bumper
Pics? examples?

Can i just point out that this damage/condition was absolutely nothing to do with me.

Thanking you please.
Lol, or me.......

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
are there no brackets left behind there at all mate??? had this when i pranged my first car so drilled a couple of small holes in the remainder of each bracket and used cable ties for a week until i could make a metal bracket at work.then just bolted it up like you do.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
aerocatches.jpg

Couldn't find any Pictures of them Holding on a Bumper but unless I'm being Naive I can't see why it wouldn't work