ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Bumble Bee build thread

Renault Clio MK4
I know some of you will have done masses of stuff to your cars and probably read mine and think "WTF? This isn't a build thread!" but to be honest, I don't care. I have done a few bits to the mk4 and I would like to share it.

The clio has gained a little bit of interest on Instagram and I have had people asking me where I bought something or what have I done to it so here is what I have done.

Firstly, I ordered a mk4 clio in August 2013 in Inca Yellow. The keys were handed over to me on 30th September. I had just got into the car scene so I didn't know much about cars other than what they looked like physically.

37057_10200833104773538_1656793995_n.jpg

(My friend's old mk3 Sport and my standard mk4)

October/November 2013: The first thing I had done to it was tinting the rear windows. Subtle but tidy. (Wind deflectors came with the car. Thank you Renault)
tints10.jpg

January 2014: I really wanted to get the panoramic sunroof but I wouldn't pay out the hundreds of pounds Renault wanted for it when I was ordering the car, so I decided I would get the roof wrapped in gloss black to match the other gloss black bits already on the car. (I know it doesn't replace a sunroof, sadly). I had this done by Essex Vehicle Wraps (now S6 Wraps).
roof10.jpg

March/April 2014: I got my old sub from my mk2 ph2 clio fitted in the mk4. Was only a 10" Edge sub from Halfords but it does the job and still works. I never wanted anything too pricey and was basic.

January 2015: I replaced my standard air filter for a K&N performance one.

March 2015: I bought myself a rear diffuser for the little bee. As Renault only done it in "carbon fibre" (plastic moulded to look like carbon fibre) I had to sand down the diffuser until it was smooth to then paint it Inca Yellow to match the car. Seeing as the bumper was already black, having it yellow would make it stand out and leaving it the way it was just didn't go with the car or how I wanted it.
img_0112.jpg

defuse10.jpg

diffus10.jpg

diffus11.jpg

Beginning of April 2015: I had been looking to get Mini Cooper S alloys for the Bee for a while but couldn't find any decent ones around. Little did I know, my boyfriend went into London and picked up a set and surprised me with them on my birthday. When I told people what I had got, they just couldn't imagine Mini Cooper S wheels on the Clio. But I was adamant it was what I wanted and knew it would suit it. I had them refurbished in gloss black at a place on Canvey Island, Essex called JP Polishing. Great company to get wheels refurbished at. The centre bore had to be made bigger to be able to fit onto my hubs which I had done at DGT Wheels at Laindon, Essex. So I went from 16" wheels to 17" wheels and still not been lowered, the Bee looked like it was a monster truck. I knew what my next purchase would be.
11154810.jpg

10672210.jpg

13724_10.jpg
13724_10.jpg

Last edited:
  Renault Clio MK4
End of April 2015: I accidentally bought lowering springs when I was browsing for them on eBay :/ When I say accidentally, I meant accidentally. I thought I was on Safari but instead I was on the eBay app and stupid pressed "Pay Now" when I thought I was hitting the back button. Stupid me. Anyway, I had ordered myself PI lowering springs with a 40mm drop.
loweri10.jpg

13724_10.jpg

(Taken at BHP Show, May 2015)
11187110.jpg

(Taken at BHP Show, May 2015)

July 2015: I bought myself a splitter for my car which was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. I bought a Rhino Lip splitter. Still needs to be fitted so will post up photos once it is done.
img_1010.jpg

I was also lucky enough to get a spoiler as an anniversary present from the boyfriend which I had my eye on until money freed up. It just needed sanding down and sprayed black.
img_1310.jpg

img_1311.jpg

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks really nice and good colour combinations.
Are you going to leave the MINI wheel caps on or sand paint and decal them with renault logos?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mini wheels suit it!
I don't know if it can be done but the gap between the spoiler and the roof needs to be black now - looks weird...

Oh and do the boot strip black too!

Renault Clio MK4
Looks really nice and good colour combinations.
Are you going to leave the MINI wheel caps on or sand paint and decal them with renault logos?
I was going to be getting rid of the clio but I shall be keeping it for another year. As this is the case, I will be buying new centre caps as the current ones are pretty shitty.

Mini wheels suit it!
I don't know if it can be done but the gap between the spoiler and the roof needs to be black now - looks weird...

Oh and do the boot strip black too!
The gap can be done but after having a think about it when the spoiler got put on, I went against the idea because no one would then notice I had a spoiler on, especially if they wasn't familiar with the mk4 anyway. And as I wont have the clio much longer, I don't want to spend too much on it now as im saving for a new car :)