ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BG Clio 182

A few more bits done today:

Coolant emptied, flushed and filled with Genuine Renault Type D. Also fitted a new coolant bottle as would be rude not to.

image.jpeg

Fitted a road Evol dogbone (Road series), replacing the Poweflex purple job I had. Quite a bit more vibration but I hope it'll settle down.

image.jpeg

Fitted the Powerflex yellow upper engine mount insert. Unsure what difference this has made as fitted with the Evol dogbone. Throttle response is great though.

image.jpeg

Changed the cabin filter, as why not. The old one was filthy.

image.jpeg

As well as a few other bits. Degreased and cleaned the top and underside of the gearbox and engine sump.

Removed plugs and leads and cleaned up.

Some degreaser (Some Swarfega stuff I had, and some other stuff Gus had), a toothbrush and a jetwash carefully used. That's all! :smile:

For the upper engine, a damp cloth and a dry microfibre :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My upper is pretty clean, its just the gearbox/lower side that id like to do as ive recently fitted a fatty style IK and it shows a lot more of the engine/gearbox.

Had some goodies turn up courtesy of @George@RTR_Parts .

Brembo Max HC Discs
Brembo Pads
ATE SuperGold

Great service as always, here next day.

image.jpeg

Had to get my mechanic to fit them, as all the caliper sliders had seized and I had nothing to hand to free them.

image.jpeg

Flushed through some nice new ATE SuperGold fluid. He said the old stuff is the worst he's seen!

image.jpeg

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Thanks very much! Not a problem, your brakes will be a lot better with fresh brake fluid in now , and not that gravy you've been running :tongueout:

Astra H 1.8 SRi
Them headlights came out brilliant! Am I an idiot for not knowing what the tool is?

Weird one, how do you find them gloves for working on your car? We wear them at work (sheet metal) and they seem to hold up pretty well, but there's a lot more sharp edges to catch in a engine bay.

Them headlights came out brilliant! Am I an idiot for not knowing what the tool is?

Weird one, how do you find them gloves for working on your car? We wear them at work (sheet metal) and they seem to hold up pretty well, but there's a lot more sharp edges to catch in a engine bay.
What tool are you talking about? Yeah i always use those gloves, they're great. Grip well and are heat resistant too!