ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BG 182... 8 Months on!

Clio 182 FF cup'd
It started off life as standard 182 with cup packs + recaros.. Pretty poor condition, budget tyres, Curbed Wheels, huge scuff on the bumper, cracked fogs, tired looking interior, dirty engine bay, shocking paint, broken heater, broken under tray that would drag along the floor, cambelts done by the previous owners local workshop in wales. It sounded like a recipe for disaster. But i seen the potential and rescued it! Brought it home on 28 febuary 2011.

Since then its had the following done:

Resprayed bumper and replaced under tray
New fogs
HUGE detail
Brembo HC discs + Ferodo DS2500 pads + Goodridge Braided Hoses + Motoul Super DOT 4
Full service by me (gear box oil, spark plugs, engine oil and filter, K&N panel Filter)
Inlets Sprayed
Repaired Heater resistor pack
New Cambelt + Aux Belt at Birchdown
Carbon Wraped Dash strips
Full wheel refurbs
Pirelli P Zeros All round
New Powerflex Dog Bone
New Wipers
Yozza exhaust
Lowered on eibach springs with AST solid top mounts
Renault Sport Matts
3/4 Size front plate and new rear
Skoda Splitter
Yanoo Shift Upgrade kit

Anyway this is how it stands now

P1040171.jpg

P1040170.jpg

P1040157.jpg

P1040156.jpg

P1040155.jpg

P1040158.jpg

P1040159.jpg

P1040162.jpg

P1040163.jpg

P1040164.jpg

P1040165.jpg

P1040168.jpg

P1040167.jpg

P1040175.jpg

A few Pics From Anglesey Last Month

CarTrack1.jpg

Cartrack2.jpg

CarTrack3.jpg

I couldnt be happier with it!

Future plans are:
Respray Grills Satin Black
ReSpray Xenon inserts or buy some 172 black ones
Coolant Change
Euro Trip next year (Hopefully with some guys off here :D)

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
if i had a hat on i would take it off to you. that is bloody stunning. think i better get my arse in gear and give mine a bath tomorow il use yours for inspiration. jealous of your seats!!! love the colour on the wheels!! :hail:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lovely, bar the shocking wheel diamonds. O.E ones would make it look soooo much cleaner looking imo

Clio 182 FF cup'd
That's perfection really like that, What colour are the wheels?

I really dont know, a mate of mine had a alloy wheel refurb business and mixed me a colour to my choice only cost me £60 for the whole set :p. The dimonds were done black because they looked a little out of place being chrome on the darker wheels. They can always be changed back, but i prefare them tbh :eek:

E46 320D Tourer!
Beautiful mate. Wish mine looked that good! Still needs some serious work till its even close to yours. Annoys me how people let them get so bad!

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
How clean is that! Using this as inspiration to do mine! Fantasic mate!

Clio 182 FF cup'd
How clean is that! Using this as inspiration to do mine! Fantasic mate!
Cheers mate, i actually bought the car from Llanelli too! :p

Stunning mate. Any pics of before?
What is the gear change mod?

I dont have any before pictures, but it was poor.. The seatbelts were brown, the door handles were full of chewey and breadcrubs, scuff on the bumper gouged the plastic and had to be filled :eek: All four wheels were curbed too.. Was not loved at all :cry:

I cant find the Shift upgrade page but it basically replaces all the flexible parts in the gear stick base for soild aluminium one.. This picture shows the ball joint housing but not the full kit.. I also had the 10% Short shift link with my kit

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?481872-short-shifter-conversion-kit

Last edited:
  225 Cup & Williams
I really dont know, a mate of mine had a alloy wheel refurb business and mixed me a colour to my choice only cost me £60 for the whole set :p. The dimonds were done black because they looked a little out of place being chrome on the darker wheels. They can always be changed back, but i prefare them tbh :eek:

I really like the colour and the black diamonds they go well together.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
really nice mate. god i wish i had recaros! Like the little details like the black renault badges on the wheels! smart!

Very very nice.

Slowly getting there with mine,

Im getting a clunk into 1st, ive read thats normal but i think i definitely need a new dog bone mount, how do you rate the powerflex? ive yet to search for the reviews... do the mounts just push into the existing metal shell?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Really nice bg you got there mate. Sounds like a lot of time and work you've put into it, but looks great in return :) imlike the black wheel diamonds too.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
that looks very clean now! BG looks so good clean but i could never live with it!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very very nice.

Slowly getting there with mine,

Im getting a clunk into 1st, ive read thats normal but i think i definitely need a new dog bone mount, how do you rate the powerflex? ive yet to search for the reviews... do the mounts just push into the existing metal shell?

I have a knock into first too, apparently it's normal. Im told it's the exhaust hitting the subframe.
Wouldn't worry about it.