ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Apple ball ache!

Clio 182
hi guys.

Approximately 10 months ago i got an iPhone 4s on contract. However about 4 months ago the lock/sleep button failed so it was replaced free of charge at my local apple store (Bath) :) . A few weeks passed and then the WIFI stopped working and my battery life was dramatically reduced to about a 1/4 of what it was before. So off i went, back to the apple store yesterday and a new phone was issued. Got home and the WIFI works etc etc but then i update the software to IOS 6.0.1 and surprise surprise i have exactly the same problem.

Its annoying because i use the internet on my phone a lot and because I've had no WIFI I've used all my data and its gonna cost me to continue using any more. :mad:

So today I've been on the phone to apple support and have done the following: Reset network settings, rest the device, erased all data and settings, logged onto a guest user account on my mac, downloaded the new update and had exactly the same issue every time.

Ive covered all the possibilities and to me it is plainly obvious that the fault is with the IOS 6.0.1 software. Ive looked online and everyone is complaining with the same issues and blaming it on the software. I tell Apple all this and all they can do is tell me to go to the apple store and get a replacement phone, which of course will give me exactly the same issue.

Ive spent most of my day faffing about with this and was wondering if anyone on here has had the same issue and if/how did they resolve it?

Ian

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I have exactly the same issue. Being honest my iPhone4 has seen better days, however, it had preformed faultlessly until I downloaded IOS 6.0.1. Since then I have no WIFI access and my 3G connection also drops numerous times daily requiring a reboot. Complained numerous times to my local Apple Store and they insist its a handset fault, being out of warranty i'm not going to replace it at my cost when I'm convinced its down to the software.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
My iPhone 4S wifi stopped working (greyed out) went to apple. Got a new one.

Apple have problems like every company does but they are very good at customer service..

1.2 16v
If you can, try downgrade To 5.x.x.

Apple are seriously going down the pan, they've just got to lax on everythig from design, to manufacture to just simple running of their devices. I'll be jumping ship come September. Much better hand sets out there to spend our cash on!

Ph2 172
6.0.2 is only for the iPhone 5 I believe.

i have a 4s, had it since launch day. No issues at all, and it's currently running 6.0.1.

I suspect if there is an issue, it's a combination of hardware and software - same with my 3GS. Worked perfectly on iOS3.xx but as soon as it was updated fo iOs4 is was crap, dropping calls all the time. Turns out, apple had started to monitor the temp of the battery in iOs 4 (but not in 3) and there were some batteries with faulty sensors. So as soon as you upgraded you had a problem, but before upgrade there was no issue. Not sure apple 100% admitted to that one, but they sure knew about it.