ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 Clio Dynamique SX, My Updates So Far, BLUE DASH!!

Megane 225
Hi there

Thought i might as well start up a progress thread on my car, gonna be doing a few things to it over the next year or so, and as far as online goes, this is the first MK3 Clio that i have seen with the blue dash which has taken me ages! The SMDs are about as small as any surface mount light i have ever seen!!!

Well, its out of its warranty now, so thought i might as well modify it!

So....This is how it all started:cool:
1DSC00197.gif

P1000275.gif

1DSC00197.gif

Then i got a custom sports cat, back box and exhaust fitted at top gear in Dumfries, and yes, the Arnold Shark sticker was removed!
DSC0002602.gif

1DSC00196.gif

And then to satisfy the ned inside me i got these excellent Kenwood 6 x 9s and Kenwood amp fitted on the parcel shelf.
1DSC00212.gif

1DSC00213.gif

And i also got it remapped at Angel Tuning in Troon which was a nice little boost:D

Then came a day where the front spoiler acted as more of a snow plough than a bodykit!!!!
IMG_0226.gif

Anyways, this month i have been having a bash at the interior, wanting to change the dash lights all to blue as i purchased a Panasonic in dash DVD player, which was blue and didnt match the dash lights, and that sort of things burst me!!

1st stage
P1000260.jpg

Then when finished
P1000263.gif

P1000264.gif

P1000265.gif

P1000266.gif

P1000268.gif

then inserted a couple of LED bulbs in the centre lights, nice blue glow in the interior.
IMG_0311.gif

Next thing on the list?

The 197 grill
Have ordered some 197 F1 Recaro full interior
get the footwell LEDs lights in the front and rear
Have the RenaultSport mats ready to go in, after Recaros
Also got an ITG panel filter to go in, the K&N induction kit i had was s**te!
And have a nice set of Crystal speakers with tweeters ready to go in which will be nice and loud!
Gonna colour the silver strips in the car and heater vents the same colour as the body
get a silver bit for in front of the side repeater
think thats it but will add if i think of anything

Its now one in the morning and i cant be arsed doing anything to the car until the Recaros arrive on tuesday, then we will get nailed in about the footwell LEDs and the Crystal speakers.

Suggestions and comments welcome!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Dash looks good mate! Perhaps invest in a stealth shelf if your keeping the 6x9's?

Megane 225
Same question :D

Paid £710 for the full interior, door cards, rear cards, rear seats, the lot. I wanted the renault sport decals on the back which is why its taken me 6 months to get the feckin things!

The dials were an absolute nightmare on the MK3 Clio, there are the SMD LED then there are tiny scumbags that light the main rev counter and speedo that are about a third of the size. But really chuffed the way they came out. Think the heater will need to come out again, needs to be brighter than that i think!:approve:

Megane 225
Dash looks good mate! Perhaps invest in a stealth shelf if your keeping the 6x9's?

yeah was planning on keeping them, heard about these stealth shelves, they any good and where abouts would i go about getting one? also what are the advantages? Me and the mates are quite handy when it comes to cabling, we have just made up a separate circuit board thats going to deal with all the LEDs in the speakers, under the seats and in the footwell so that if i ever need to switch them off, i just have to mute the stereo:clap:

MK3

Dynamiqueee
yeah was planning on keeping them, heard about these stealth shelves, they any good and where abouts would i go about getting one? also what are the advantages? Me and the mates are quite handy when it comes to cabling, we have just made up a separate circuit board thats going to deal with all the LEDs in the speakers, under the seats and in the footwell so that if i ever need to switch them off, i just have to mute the stereo:clap:

Can't really comment as i've never had one - i'd imagine it sounds the same, if not better as they would be mounted to a more solid surface. There's also the fact that they wouldn't be visible from the outside of the car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Blue is sooooo 2009. It's all about white dials now ;)

Looks good. See the display between the dials, can you see the LEDs as bright dots like that or is it just the pictures?

Megane 225
Blue is sooooo 2009. It's all about white dials now ;)

Looks good. See the display between the dials, can you see the LEDs as bright dots like that or is it just the pictures?

im afraid you can see the dots. im gonna try and find a solution to it. I had to sand down the orange plastic crap on the back of the screen.

Na, the only reason i chose blue is because of the stereo, otherwise might have gone for white. but the cars blue so matches nicely.

Got my 197 grills the day so gonna get them fitted up nicely tomorow morning:D

Megane 225
Can't really comment as i've never had one - i'd imagine it sounds the same, if not better as they would be mounted to a more solid surface. There's also the fact that they wouldn't be visible from the outside of the car.

I fitted a sheet of MDF under the parcel shelf so it would have a solid mounting and i fitted the amp to the underside of it. The other idea is to put a fake boot floor in with space underneath for an amp and sub, might do that, see how i get on elsewhere

Megane 225
Maybe you could spray the back of the screen blue?

Well thats what i considered. I have this paint that your supposed to paint LEDs with, which is supposed to turn them blue. It was from Halfrauds and was utter crap. So could maybe try that next time i get the dials out. Apart from that the dials look amazing.

Never above 25mpg
Bit extreme to change the whole dash LEDs because the in car dvd player isnt orange ;) !

Looks good nonetheless although I do dislike flip up dvd players.

Megane 225
Bit extreme to change the whole dash LEDs because the in car dvd player isnt orange ;) !

Looks good nonetheless although I do dislike flip up dvd players.

yeah, well i have had 2 golfs in the past and am very much a fan of blue dash LEDs:star:

So would it rather be blue anyway, the dvd just gave me an excuse to do it all. You maybe dont like them but try controlling an Ipod through a standard stereo, the touch screen really helps.

306 GTI-6
lol, no wories dude. Have been toying with the idea on my 6, but am too lazy to remove the backing of the standard dials. Plus, i have priorities with fixing my left hand window regulator at the moment, which is going be a ball ache me-thinks.

Megane 225
thats great saying "Ball Ache":lolup: well i have snapped 3 electric window switch mounts on my door, so i gave up and bought a door card instead! it and the seats are arriving tuesday.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
your a legend mate! cant believe that find! will be purchasing some of that then, that should do the job nicely. cheers mun

Let me know how you get on with this! wanted to do mine for a while, only thing putting me off was the way the light came through in spots.

Megane 225
When is the interior arriving?

Interior arriving tuesday, it came out of a write off car that rolled over so its going to get cleaned first, then will hopefully get it fitted on sunday. Gonna be a big job!

Let me know how you get on with this! wanted to do mine for a while, only thing putting me off was the way the light came through in spots.

aye will do mate, that should do the trick. the interior is perfect apart from that

Megane 225
Right, finally got a 197 grill and went about fitting it today (good guide in the guides section by "Biohzrd")

So, this is the before shot

P1000271.gif

This is the during

P1000272.gif

And finally the finished product. Looks one hell of a lot better!

P1000274.gif

So, thats another thing off my list:approve:

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Looks so much better once you change the grill. Maybe spray your badges another colour aswell. Who did your dials btw? Keep meaning to get mine done

Megane 225
I did them myself, and as geordieracer would say, it was a total ball ache! The dials come out easy enough but once your in there are about 24 micro smds, which are about a third of the size of normal smds. Really no for kids to play with:approve:

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Wanna earn yourself a few quid :) i have a spare set of dials i need doing. Il sort you some money out

Megane 225
Wanna earn yourself a few quid :) i have a spare set of dials i need doing. Il sort you some money out

well aye if you want to send them, also will need to know what colours you want things, all mine are blue except for the fuel and temperature which are red.

Love the dials but those 6x9's just look like they belong in an old XR2.

very unkind:) na, needed better speakers an the Back window is tinted so no one can see them anyways

Megane 225
It's insane how much of a difference RS grilles make.

i know! Im not trying to turn it into a 197, just something different. The grills were a must and have been a must for a while now and thats probably the best £60 i have spent on the car.

Looks mint that mate. Whats the performance like with the mods you've done.

well the remap made overtaking better, the dump valve (which is a Forge) gives it a nice hiss and the air filter was just put in to make sure the best i could do was done.

Overall its 124bhp which is more than enough out of a 1.2 in my opinion so yeah, would recommend the remap and everything i have done. the 1.2 TCE is a good engine so if you wanted more suppose you could change the injectors but would have to make sure the gearbox and clutch could cope, if they couldnt im sure you could find one out of a 197 on ebay.

E30 318iS x2
i know! Im not trying to turn it into a 197, just something different. The grills were a must and have been a must for a while now and thats probably the best £60 i have spent on the car.

My car was on the driveway all of about a minute before I had the bonnet open changing the grilles :)

Where did you get the remap? How much torque did it add? Thats what gives clutches a hard time not the power; that said, I shouldn't imagine it's that much more that it will really kill it.

Changing the injectors won't give you more power but higher flow rate injectors will be able to flow a better amount of fuel with out cranking up the pressure or stressing them out.

Megane 225
My car was on the driveway all of about a minute before I had the bonnet open changing the grilles :)

Where did you get the remap? How much torque did it add? Thats what gives clutches a hard time not the power; that said, I shouldn't imagine it's that much more that it will really kill it.

Changing the injectors won't give you more power but higher flow rate injectors will be able to flow a better amount of fuel with out cranking up the pressure or stressing them out.

Got the remap done at Angel Tuning in Troon, its a good thing to get done. I assumed you had a 197 by looking at your pic! It now has 127 lb/ft of torque instead of 107, so not a bad increase, you notice it more when overtaking, even though i still put it in third and rev the tits out it:D