ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2003 DC5 Integra Type R (Bulid-ish thread.)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_2080_zpsswzavlhb.jpg

:smilingimp:

This is both silly, and excellent.

Seems to actually make a difference at speed! [/placebo]

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I was a bit smart about it, still crazy money for what it is but didn't pay anywhere near retail.

Airbox is Tegiwa item, paid £250 for that.
Scuttle is genuine GruppeM, paid £20 for it and refurbed it to match the matt black plastic of standard.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Any induction that comes from the scuttle panel will always work really well! It's a low pressure area - hence why all cars have the heater air inlet in the scuttle panel.
No placebo there mate. :up:
Thanks, mate!

Below 60 it was just noise addition. Over that it really felt a lot keener to get to the top of 5th!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks good, and I bet it sounds amazing.
Get that inlet cover off though :tongueout:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, and I bet it sounds amazing.
Get that inlet cover off though :tongueout:
Haha !

That's not going anywhere! My brother had an injector failure/fire on his EP3, the only thing that saved the car was the molten plastic of said cover dousing the injector.

That's 3rd hand out of TGM, but I'm not chancing it. 😂

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Haha !

That's not going anywhere! My brother had an injector failure/fire on his EP3, the only thing that saved the car was the molten plastic of said cover dousing the injector.

That's 3rd hand out of TGM, but I'm not chancing it. 😂

Jesus! Get a carbon fibre one? :D

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
If you had to chose between:

CE28N in bronze:
BR.jpg

or, ZE40 in bronze:
BR.jpg

What would you do?
@Philip. ?

The wheels I have at the moment, are Rota copies of the ZE40-ish, in black.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
ZE40 for me!
I'm not sure the ce28n's suit the DC5's too well, they always looked a bit awkward on them.

What about Enkei rpf1's? Common but the best looking wheel on the DC5 :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Time and time again, it saddens me to see all the generic, trundling arsewipe crap that Jap manufacturers churn out these days. Yet just over a decade ago - such cars were in their prime and made in earnest.

Marketing and design studios must be stressed and scratching their heads about which way to head with performance cars. Yet they've already been there, done it and got the t-shirt. Several times over.

Granted, there are still the likes of a the Civic Type-R and the Nissan GTR. But the majority have fallen by the wayside - crippled and pushed aside by environmental pressures and the upward weight and space tendencies of safety equipment.

I can only see the market value of cars such as these (and many other from that era) going, up and up. Especially in the case of minters. I could spend less on a decent DC5 than walking into a Honda dealership and buying a b*****d Jazz. My own mind and sanity baulks at the mere concept of choosing the latter option....

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for CE28s out of the two, personally I went for 17x9 RPF1s on my gal

17x9 ! -- which offset is that on? Are you square front and rear? Do you get any rubbing?

I very much want OEM+ for mine, so I'm not THAT low on my Bilsteins, and I get zero rubbing at 17x8 ET49 on track.

Teg DC5 & Ph2 172
17x9 ! -- which offset is that on? Are you square front and rear? Do you get any rubbing?

I very much want OEM+ for mine, so I'm not THAT low on my Bilsteins, and I get zero rubbing at 17x8 ET49 on track.

Haha yeah, wasn't easy getting them on! The wheels are ET45.

BC coilovers with adjustable top mounts
Shorter steering arms
Extended wheel studs
8mm Spacers up front ( to clear the brembos )
Rear arches rolled.

Running around -3 neg camber up front
& Around -2.5 on the rear.

Still get a bit of rubbing if I'm going hard, but thats mainly because my coilover springs have settled now so the ride height has gone to s**t.

On the roads its not great to the be fair, well it is and it isn't. It tramlines alot, so you need to have your head in the game if youre going hard and the condition of the road changes. But, the turn in with the neg camber is amazing. Got a trackday booked for 27th Feb when I'll be out smashing it about, it should be really good on a smooth surface. Hope so anyway :/

Teg DC5 & Ph2 172
Yeah sod all that, lol. I'll stick with 8J. :)

Where did you find shorter steering arms? EP3? My only changes so far have been rack raiser and ep3 track rod ends.
Well, as daft as it sounds. The face on Rpf1s changes after 9j, and it looks miles better. Just had to get it to work! You'll notice it's more concave on the smaller sizes and I'm not feeling it. Mad I know.

Area motosport sorted mine out while they were installing parts mate so I'm not sure tbh.