ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1st mod and a little clean as a Clio owner.... more mods to come!

Clio 172 & others!
I bought the Clio for something fun and reliable, and im actually considering to sell my other car now to fund tb's etc!

I noticed that the trend is the skoda splitter so jumped on that for 13 quid and after I fitted it I gave It a quick clean! Want to make sure it has a bit of a lower stance, but how low, I'm not sure.

All comments welcome and ideas for next mods! One mod I might do just to be a little different I, to smooth the number plate recess and mount a little plate. Any comments welcome!

My current short list is:

Lower
Exhaust
Custom induction

Here's a few pics:

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

Last edited:
  pimp mobile Zafira
Looks tidy mate. Personally I wouldn't bother with modding the number plate recess but that's just my opinion.

Clio 172 & others!
Looks tidy mate. Personally I wouldn't bother with modding the number plate recess but that's just my opinion.

I get what you're saying. I was going to Get the number plate sorted like others too where it fits perfect, but I didn't want to be a sheep. But I suppose the whole sheep thing is because it looks the best!

LY R26
For a subtle drop (about 30mm) and improved handling the majority go for Eibach sportlines, definitely recommend these they're about 128quid from Kam Racing. were 170quid when i bought em a few years ago so a proper bargain now :). Unless your wanting coilovers that is:cool:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks tidy. I wouldn't bother with smoothing the front bumper tbh, just go for a smaller plate that fits the recess in the first place.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Skoda splitter might be cheap but it also looks it, you'll see what I mean when you park next to one with a cup splitter.
And Yes I know the price Renault charge is a rip off for a bit plastic that easily breaks but for a few quid more you could get a CF splitter that takes some serious abuse - ebay or the forum as someone is usually selling one after they've trashed their car.

RB 182
Skoda splitter might be cheap but it also looks it, you'll see what I mean when you park next to one with a cup splitter.
And Yes I know the price Renault charge is a rip off for a bit plastic that easily breaks but for a few quid more you could get a CF splitter that takes some serious abuse

Bet a skoda one is less likely to get damaged than a CF one. CF is actually quite brittle.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
CF alot stronger than you think only broke mine when the front wheel disappeared down a hole and the weight of the car came down on it stuck back together with fibre glass sheeting on the rear and still holding its own :D
Otherwise has taken more knocks scuffs scraps and also been used as a snow plough and come through in one piece unlike the previous Renault splitter whick just became brittle and fell apart :(

RB 182
CF alot stronger than you think only broke mine when the front wheel disappeared down a hole and the weight of the car came down on it stuck back together with fibre glass sheeting on the rear and still holding its own :D
Otherwise has taken more knocks scuffs scraps and also been used as a snow plough and come through in one piece unlike the previous Renault splitter whick just became brittle and fell apart :(

Skoda one is rubber though so just bends rather than snapping, plus if it does break off its only £13. I dont think ive ever seen a second hand CF splitter for sale that isnt damaged in some way