ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Track Car Project

Clio 220 PH2
Managed to get a little bit of work done on the little Clio today. I managed to remove the last parts of the heater matrix (What a pain that was). Just a little picture to show you what it looks like now. Left the air con rad in until i can get it degassed properly lol.
IMG_0745.JPG

I also managed to fit the fibre glass boot lid, its strange to see the car with panels on haha. I am hoping to get the aero catches fitted Tuesday night so they are ready for paint in a few weeks. Heres a pictures :)
IMG_0747.JPG

And finally i managed to remove the glue where the old sound deadening was glued down. That took ages but a bit of elbow grease and some white sprit and its nice and clean. What do you think ?
IMG_0746.JPG

I shall update with pictures when the aero catches are fitted Tuesday :)

Looks great, getting a poly rear screen also?

Don't envy you doing the glue, once was enough for me!

Clio 220 PH2
Looks great, getting a poly rear screen also?

Don't envy you doing the glue, once was enough for me!
Thank you very much. Yes mate poly all round bar the windscreen
Haha thank you very much I hope I am good because I have every window to do including the windscreen haha

Clio 220 PH2
Just a little update the heater matrix rad has been removed so it's now just Windows out and then the car is off for its roll cage which was ordered yesterday :) 18th Jan the cars goes for it so hopefully get it back at the start of Feb and the rebuild can begin :) also I am off to have a look at some seats for the car Saturday afternoon (Christmas present to myself haha) so I can sit in it as well
Here's a picture before and after the rad was removed
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

172 Ph1
Car is coming along nicely - subscribed also .
I'll be removing wiring from the rear at some point , but it's got to warm up first lol .

Clio 220 PH2
Car is coming along nicely - subscribed also .
I'll be removing wiring from the rear at some point , but it's got to warm up first lol .
Haha I don't blame you when we have been working on the car it's been freezing. My plan is to hide the wires give it a really clean look

Clio 220 PH2
Well the last update of 2015 is the car is now 100% ready to go for its roll cage I just need to wait for the 18th Jan when I deliver it to the roll cage company :) should get it back the start of Feb and then the fun begins to rebuild it. Hopefully I will be buying the seats mid Jan, bits will be painted while the cars away and many more pennies will be spent (just bought a straight through decat for it as well)
Just some pictures of what we have done this morning:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Clio 220 PH2
Just some small updates for you lot :)
The car was delivered to Rollcentre racing on the 18th for them to fit the roll cage hopefully I get the car back this week. I have had the fibre glass panels painted silver to match the car and some black bits painted on the bumpers. I treated myself to two new racing seats which should hopefully be here this week :) and as well a new helmet and a HANS device :)
Just some pictures for you
image.jpeg

Really happy with the bumper looks really smart
This was the car at 6.30 Monday morning to be delivered
image.jpeg

Clio 220 PH2
Good news everyone the car is back from the roll cage people super happy with it sorry the pictures are not great but just to give you an idea of what it looks like at the minute. Roll centre racing did a cracking job so pleased with it top company would recommend to anyone.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tonight's job is to fit the roof scoop and then off to paint. I will put some pictures up once the scoop is on :)

Haha yeah it has gone a bit crazy but should be done for June so hopefully we can do another Bedford again and you can see the completed car :smile:

Sounds good to me. Let me know when you have a day in mind and Im sure we will be able to pop along. Our next day is at Rockingham on the 28th March.

Clio 220 PH2
Sounds good to me. Let me know when you have a day in mind and Im sure we will be able to pop along. Our next day is at Rockingham on the 28th March.
Yes I shall indeed that's sounds good to me
Nice one have fun :) have you done anything to your little Clio ?

Nothing drastic really, swapped the steering wheel for a suede OMP dished one. We have a set of 15's now with track rubber. Other than than that Im giving it a full service this week, changing the aux belt and new discs and RC5+ pads up front.

Clio 220 PH2
Nothing drastic really, swapped the steering wheel for a suede OMP dished one. We have a set of 15's now with track rubber. Other than than that Im giving it a full service this week, changing the aux belt and new discs and RC5+ pads up front.
It's sounding good mate I need to get a new steering wheel as the standard one is too big
The RC5 pads are amazing that's what I was using at Bedford they never faided all day :) what discs are you going to go for ?

Clio 220 PH2
Just a little picture of the roof scoop the scariest thing we have done on the car making sure it's straight haha
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next job is to do the air con delete and full decat and then I can rebuild the front end and get the inside painted :)

Clio 220 PH2
That looks awesome!! I've got some Brembo HC discs for it.
Thank you very much took ages to fit
That's what I use and it's a great combo I would possibly look at changing the brake fluid to racing dot 4 that is some good stuff as well to help with the braking

Clio 220 PH2
Been very busy on the car, got the air con delete fitted and the full decat sorted, I have had the car and bits painted here's were we are at the moment
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have also had the hoses changed to silicone as well :)

Clio 220 PH2
Very excited about the paint scheme I am going with this car I am really happy with it
Scoop and roof painted with the mirrors as well
Just one with the bumper and lights back in had the lower part of the bumper done in black looks really smart
image.jpeg

In the spray booth ready for the roof to be done
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

With the scoop and mirrors in green
image.jpeg

image.jpeg