ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 replica. soon to be lowered

It may look the part and have cheaper overal running costs, but to put 2.0 and RS badges on it is just asking for embarrasment.

Sorry, but it's a 1.2 with a bodykit. Just because it's a Renault bodykit, doesn't make it any more acceptable than
clio.jpg
To be fair, you are talking out of your arse with that last comment. He's making it look like one of the more desirable Clios, not making it a chav bucket. Putting badges or whatever on is up to him.

Fiesta Zetec S
As soon as the weather improves me and luke are cuming to your's and fitting the coils its been 4x4'ing for far to long! :p

Accord 2.4
I like it, just not the badges. Its like all the BMW 316/318 with an M badge on it, but its your car :)

Anyplans for a 172 interior?

[JonnyM];8422205 said:
As soon as the weather improves me and luke are cuming to your's and fitting the coils its been 4x4'ing for far to long! :p
Ha ha. Cheers Jonny. I'm away on holiday and the car is sat on the drive. You more than welcome to sit it down a bit for when I get back;) nah we shall sort a date out and get a few beers in for on the drive when it's warmer.

I like it, just not the badges. Its like all the BMW 316/318 with an M badge on it, but its your car :)

Anyplans for a 172 interior?

No plans as of yet for the interior. Prefer the easy to keep dynamite seats that don't sag or rip easily. And if it's a 318 with an m3 body kit it's a different story ;)

Looks pretty good mate, almost as good as the real thing haha but I agree you shouldn't badge it to be a RS when its a 1.2 but hey it's your car do whatever you wanna do :)

The car looks very good, well done! If I saw one drive past me I wouldn't tell the difference (bar sound).

The only thing that I'm not a fan of is putting the RS badges on it but whatever, if you want to go for the full copy look then fair enough. Yep insurance costs are silly, you've done the right thing getting this first, rather than the idiots who spend in excess of £4,000 to insure an actual 1*2.

Just to clear up on the badges. It's there to make it look like a sport. Would have stuck with the 1.2 badges if not. And it doesn't get abused everywhere it goes so if it looks like one who is to know that it isn't one?

Octavia VRS LE
i think it looks really good, a very very good rep should be proud of your self mate, the badges are up to you but all the people on here are trying to say is that its not a sport so why put them on and people will know when they come up your arse and you cannot pull away from them. but in my opinion id leave them on, why not?

Glacier White RS200
Ignore the negative comments fella, thats a cracking effort..and to compare it to the photo above is rudiculous, one of the best reps ive seen, top job fella :)

Mercedes C320!
i think it looks really good, a very very good rep should be proud of your self mate, the badges are up to you but all the people on here are trying to say is that its not a sport so why put them on and people will know when they come up your arse and you cannot pull away from them. but in my opinion id leave them on, why not?

This... Good work fella! Looks nice :D

Thanks very much for all the positive comments. Makes all the hard work and money seem worth while :) should be lowered soon if all goes to plan ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Looking good! Are the Mk2 clios the same width as standard then (unlike the mk1 clios which had wider archs on the sport models)?

Looking good! Are the Mk2 clios the same width as standard then (unlike the mk1 clios which had wider archs on the sport models)?
If you are on about the width of the track on the non sports compared the the track of a sport then no as the sports are about 50mm wider. If you look on te photo with the pistonheads logo on you can see that they are only just sitting flush on the sport arches with 25mm spacers each side.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
hold on. im confused! So you have changed the arches all round? Or is it just the fron one that differ from sport/nonsport? the Mk1's used to be wider all round...

hold on. im confused! So you have changed the arches all round? Or is it just the fron one that differ from sport/nonsport? the Mk1's used to be wider all round...

The front arches have been changed for sport ones as the sport bumper being wider, does not fit to the standard arches. On the rear is different. The sport bumper can just be a straight swap. That's why you see a lot of non sports just with the rear done as to change the front you need. Sport arches,sport arch liners. Spacers, and the bumper and all bumper inserts and grills. Also the holes in the front bumper need headlight washers