ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Ph1 - Next move?

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Ok guys what do you think?

My 172 Ph1 needs it belts doing, it's actually going to get them done next week (£400 ish).

Not sure what the car is worth but I'm considering selling it in the near future. Would I be best:
  • Selling as it is i.e. with the belts needing doing
  • Do the belts and then sell it - will it be worth £400 more when it gets done?
  • Break it and sell all the bits?

The car is in excellent condition (IMO)

225 Cup & Williams
Best selling it with the belts done tbh. If not then folk in the know will try and bargain with you as they are not done.

Personaly I would sell it with the belts done. When I was looking to buy if I found one with belts not done its immediatly £300 off the asking price for me.

Lots of Alfas
Please dont break it, there wont be any left soon. Get the belts done, and if you want to sell it, sell it. Anyone with any sense will easily buy it in good condition if theres proof its just had them done.

renault clio 2.0 172
get belts done will get more when u sell it cos people will use anything ta get it cheaper, more chance of sellin it aswell not every1 wants a car dat needs work doin

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Cheers

I've decided to get the belts done and it's getting done right now :)
The car is a bit of a labour of love tbh. It's steadily getting done up to as near to mint as I can get it. My wife keeps commenting that "this car is costing a fortune" :)

Clio 197
Cheers

I've decided to get the belts done and it's getting done right now :)
The car is a bit of a labour of love tbh. It's steadily getting done up to as near to mint as I can get it. My wife keeps commenting that "this car is costing a fortune" :)
good choice

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Just a quick update to say that I got the belts done and I'm still in love with it :)

It's still the best Ph1 around and I'll keep it for ever (or until my Mrs lets me buy the Elise I'm hankering after!!!). Will clean it this weekend and post some updated pics :D