ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 ph1 CatCams 421 and RS Tuner/Fastchip :)

Clio Sport 172 ph1
My sweet little project is almost finished :)

Lets get to the point :)

This was before:

Just basic modifications:
- decat
- RS inlet manifold (modified by myself)
- GREEN Air filter

2 passes, same road both ways

Then I bought RS Tuner :D

My best run on N-Group program + 98RON cal (same road, no wind)

And finally:

I fitted the CatCams 421 I was keeping on the shelf for last few months :)

This was taken with only pre-calibrated ECU

Since all engine mods were finished (for now ;) ) I asked Henk for his help
As always, fast response time, and excellent service.
Took us a few days of loging and testing :)

40da26e315181196.jpg

We are currently testing v.7 of ECU calibration and this is what came up :)
b7ee672eb3880405.jpg

And I hope this is not all ;).

Vehicle weight is set to 1150 instead of 1100 but this is not random. Previous readouts were taken with car prept for drag racing, this one is for normal day to day use.

Soon I'll be fiting new exhaust including 4-2-1 mani from 182 + and I plan to spend some extra time on perfecting the air flow.

Hope to be close to this 200+ break we all dream about ;) Henk what do You say ?? Can We do it ? :)

Many thanks to Henk for his commitment to this project.
RS Tuner kit + Wideband is a powerfull tool, I never had any doubt.

Oh, I forgot to say, my car does the OFF-ROAD too ;) ;) ;)
3b15c7ab8b28d590m.jpg

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
hi mate

great effort but there is still some more HP needs to be squezzed out :) very similar config but with Colombo & Bariani cams, my car pushes 118-120 kw ATW.

Henk's support is second to none, the ever-best product for RS community.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
This was just the engine part :) There is still much work to be done on exhaust and CAF.
182 4-2-1 exhaust mani is on the way :) but for this moment I have no idea what aftermarket exhaust to fit with it.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Ahhhh It's time for an update :)

So lets get started from where we left :)

178BHP tested on RR some time last year (cams inlet panel filter decat RS Tuner map by Henk)
That's the last log:
df3d08837856210bm.jpg

Today I'm proud to announce I fitted the 182exhaust manifold and custom made exhaust:
143163873064465fm.jpg
fd99bd56c98be19dm.jpg

I was not expecting so drastic change in power and responce of the car. The change is massive !! I hope to RR it soon just to prove myself that the way I've chosen was the right one :)

Wish me luck ;)

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Not that bad actually :) Certainly louder than stock, but the back box is not straight throu so its at reasonable level :)

106 GTI
Seems to me the standard cams pull alot better from bottom to mid range, and not a great behind the 421's on top end?

Also thought the rev limiter was taken to 7,500 rpm

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Good progress and well thought out mods! I hope the 182 manifold balances out the minor loss in the midrange of the 421 cams and doesn't affect the top end too much.

I would be interested to see if the top end continues to rise all the way to the limiter bhp wise. As I think standard cams drop after about 6500rpm or something like that.

Are 421 catcams more agressive than 428 at the top end?

Please post the results when you have them...Good luck mate :)

Clio Sport 172 ph1
I myself was hoping for at least 185BHP
Never the less it was a 10BHP increase for me. Stock car only with de-cat gave 168BHP result at RR.
I hope the exhaust will solve most of the problems, since it was the only restriction left.

2002 Clio Sport
Hi Toxic#66, where do you get a 4-2-1 mani from a 182? I live in Peru and own a 2002 Clio Sport that would like to upgrade a bit. Any more hints?

M

mini-valver

10hp from 421's? Thats a shocking result.....

Standard ECU just isn't adaptable enough to run that amount of lift properly IMO.