ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 exclusive

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
hear are some pics of my car before and after i put my nice 17" on. Still needs lowered but any comments are welcome.

DSC00305.jpg
DSC00249.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i can't put my finger on it, but something looks wrong, not low enough? wrong offset? they don't look attached to the car?

lower it shed loads, clear side repeaters and colour code it with mk2 ph2 strips and badges.

well the wheels are attached as when they turn the car moves forward.... hehe. :D

as far as i am aware they are the right offset. think it is just cause iv not lovered it yet it looks a bit out of proportion. the track is slightly wider as i have had to use spacers so maybe that is what it is.

lowering is my next task.....

been trying to save my pennies to get H&R coilovers but not having much success, i keep spending it all. grrrrrrrrr:(. im now swaying to get a sports cat and just lowering spings. just cant decide!!!

15" were to spongy for my liking. already had 17" from other clio (1.6rxe for sale btw) so thought id give it a try. I think lowered the car will look a lot better. dont get me wrong i really do like the origional wheels but in my opionion i prefer the look of the new ones. thats just me though. i know a lot of people are purists but iv kept the origionals and are getting refurbed as were not in best of nick. at least they are not 18" chromes or something.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
They look massive, much prefer the standard wheels, especially for a car so rare.

I think the wheels look a bit wrong tbh, the front one seems to stick out a fair bit (i read the bit about the spacers) but even so it looks like its sticking out past the wheel arch !
Maybe it'll look better once its lowered ?

right so no one likes my wheels well :rasp: to you! hehe. it must just be the picture that makes them look like they are sticking out. i swear they fit pefect in the arch. as too the origional wheels i know that they are rare and they are ment for the car but the 15" just didnt do it for me. if they were 16" with lower profile tyres i might have kept them on. but they were a b**ch to clean and the previous owner was not kerb shy so were in a bit of a bad way. the reason i like these wheels so much as they are much lighter than the origionals so my car is slightly quicker.

wheels take mins to change so its not as if the car is ruined.

I origionally bought this car due to the fact that i didn't want anyone with a similar car to me (personal issues haha) so travelled all day to pick it up, brought it home to edinburgh only to find two days later that someone else has got the same model. ahhhhhhhhh so the wheels are my temporary mark on the car. when/if i sell the car it will be all back to standerd.

anyway i respect peoples opinions so its all good if you dont like.

i like it and my fiance likes it (the later being the most important) so thats all that counts.

Gareth said:
17"s if lighter will still be slower than your 15"s surely.

you would think. but the radius of the wheel only differs by about 1cm so the change in circumfrance is not that large and with the weight reduction the car does pull quicker. and considering i already have about a 40kg weight reduction from the average man (i only weight 6stone) the car is quick enough.

i gave an imported spoon engined civic a good run for it money the other day. the dude looked quite bemused.

Ali said:
Are you a miget? 6 stone?

almost but not quite...........

24 years old
currently studing for a phd in physics
4'6"
and around 6 stone.

all the best things come in small packages.

why do you think we all drive clio's!!!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
moogster_1 said:
almost but not quite...........

24 years old
currently studing for a phd in physics
4'6"
and around 6 stone.

all the best things come in small packages.

why do you think we all drive clio's!!!!!

Lol...emmm...it's normally the other way around. Fatty's and huge folk drive wee cars.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i can see your small, look how far forward your seat is!! I'm 6ft 3, I sit in the boot, wearing the roof as a helmet hoping I never roll the thing.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Love the colour and i like the full leather iterior. Lowered i think the wheels will look fine.

Ignore the cup splitter and turini brigade.lol

Gareth said:
i can see your small, look how far forward your seat is!! I'm 6ft 3, I sit in the boot, wearing the roof as a helmet hoping I never roll the thing.

haha nasty. at least you dont have to worry about your manhood getting squished by the steering wheel....

fUbAr said:
would you be interested in having pics of your car on my website?

im trying to collect all the different colours.

http://www.fubarnet.com

yeh man thats totally cool. these are just some pics of my phone so my intension is to get the car lowered and take some arty pics with proper camera. so if you want to wait you could have those is not feel free to use these ones.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
adtmits said:
Love the colour and i like the full leather iterior. Lowered i think the wheels will look fine.

Ignore the cup splitter and turini brigade.lol

You rang?

FULL FAT 182
Love the car just clocked the number plate Y171 MCA = YMCA,
should we be worried if u was dressed up as a construction worker ?

Love the car mate nice colour and rare as rocking horse sh1t.:D

moogster_1 said:
yeh man thats totally cool. these are just some pics of my phone so my intension is to get the car lowered and take some arty pics with proper camera. so if you want to wait you could have those is not feel free to use these ones.

cool, take some decent pics and let me know :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
prefer the original wheels myself!

bet your'll get fed up with the leather seats though.

wazza16valver said:
Love the car just clocked the number plate Y171 MCA = YMCA,
should we be worried if u was dressed up as a construction worker ?

Love the car mate nice colour and rare as rocking horse sh1t.:D

haha yeh totally gay number plate. quite quirky though i kinda like it big boy! hahahahahahahaha

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lovely car, agree with the majority about the wheels though.

Surely, 15" to 17" = 2" extra diameter, which is 1" extra radius ~ 2.5cm.