ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup on Williams Wheels

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Well, with a new car coming soon, the Clio is going to retire from duties as a daily driver and probably become a full-time track car. The Turinis were in dire need of a refurb, and running 15" wheels makes much more sense for track days. I bought these a while ago and thought I might as well chuck them on.

I wasn't sure what they would look like. I'm sure they won't be to everyone's taste, but they look better than I thought they would. Mind you, I think it would look better if the wheels were silver and it was sitting slightly lower. Unlikely that will happen though, as I do enjoy driving it on the road and don't want to make it too stiff.

Note it still has some damage to the rear quarter from an off-track excursion in the summer. It's no concourse car, this one was bought to be used, and used it has been. If you want a show car, look elsewhere lol.

WP_20160108_14_51_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20160108_14_51_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20160108_14_52_56_Pro.jpg

Once it stops being a daily, it might well get stripped out a bit and buckets/harnesses fitted, but we shall see. Standard at the moment save for an induction kit, some Eibach Pros and the odd poly bush.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The extra width definitely adds something, and your ride height helps too of course.

Yeah they are definitely nice wheels. Think they would suit the Mondial of my car a bit better if they were silver. The paint on them isn't perfect, so I might have them powder coated some time perhaps.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That looks ace in white Chris! Do you have a thread on it?

Why oh why didn't they sell these cars in white...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I loved them in white but went silver myself in the end. Last white set I did though came out really well:

100_4342.jpg

100_4341.jpg

100_4340.jpg

They were a b**ch to keep looking clean though. All the kings horses and all the kings wheel sealers couldn't keep the white looking fresh again. Probably due to a cheap clear coat I used hehehe

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So glad this topic came up, I was toying with the idea of selling my wildly wheels...... Not going to happen now! White wheels +racing blue Clio = p**n!