ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Alcantara Roof Lining Done!!!

Basically, I don't know if the fabric I got is real. But look very similar to the Alcantara. Plus so many colors!! You see the color sample page, there are 6 total actually! There are 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 and 1.2 thickness. I got 0.6 becos I think it is better for curve area.

I basically use 3M FoamFast 74 Adhesive, it is recommend by the guy from the shop. Excellent thing. It is like spider silk. Also, I use the blue soft rubber tool (this is what people use for flatten the sticker or billboard, to remove the bubble inside)to help flatten, U got to stick little by little. You got to have 1-2 friends helping because u need someone to help you to hold the fabric.

BTW, remove and fit of the handle is hard!!! I will fit it back on later.

cliolining.jpg

dsc01486.jpg

dsc01488t.jpg

dsc01489j.jpg

BTW, you got to remove all the foam on the fiber roof. And DON'T use water to clean it!!! Just vacuum or brush them out. The wire brush is a good tool to use.

Again, you have to do it with someone's help!!! And!! stick step by step.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Looks quite good. Maybe it's cos I just woken up but I was hoping for a big difference.

Nice rare Mx5 opposite your car.;)

Mine is 0.6mm thickness one, cost me £23.00 for length 2.5 yard x the standard width (a bit bigger than Clio's width, see the pic above). Thicker material cost more per yard.

The 3M FoamFast 74 Adhesive cost about £7.50 and the blue tools cost about £1.60.

The most expensive is - labour :) Still owe my friends a big dinner.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
thanks for doing this, i plan on doing mine and emailed someone whod done it but they didnt reply, hopefully if i get stuck and need any advice you will reply lol
how long did it take and was it easy enough getting it out?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Awesome job :)
I seen a Clio with real Black Alcantara headcloth done and the visors done with coloured stitching to match his ICE install - I'd get it done if I had funds lol :approve:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
This looks lovely, so much improvement over standard.

Question though, how do you pull the rooflining down at the front? Is it a care of removing the sunvisors? Is that all that holds it up?? Or does the creamy coloured light bracket thing hold it up too??

Lupo GTI
This looks nice. I'm always moaning about how light the roof liner is.

And looking at your prices there, it's not costing too much. It's just doing it myself which I'm worried about!

You should write a proper guide ;)

Hi, yes, the sun visors + the passenger grab handle on the roof (same as driver side, but there is no handle for driver for RHD cars).

The biggest concern is - the handle things I mentioned on the roof. Those are quite hard to remove and extremely hard to put back. I still have mine not fitted :p

Megane RS 250
Love it! I'd like mine in dark grey alcantara like the seats, plus pillars and sunvisors...but...it's just too much work!

Clio Mk1
Nicely done!:approve: The fabric you've used may be microfiber(I think it's called like that), it's very simillar to alcantara.

Lupo GTI
I really like this more and more.
I might look further in to doing it.

Where did you get all the materials from?
Drop me a PM if you want.

A sexy one
awesome work mate!! iv just bought another dash so i can take my time and do it in alcantara, good work on the roof lining :) where did you get all your stuff from?