ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 107

29wmujk.jpg

Got my 107 about a month before passing my test last year, going to post on what im doing with it on here because the 107 forum is a bit dead lol, so far i've only replaced the front speakers centre console lights and de-badged the back :) Buying these alloys soon just waiting got the guy to tell me the pcd and if theyre ok then theyll go on :D
2lwq0dd.jpg

Some pics of the car as it is plus my mates clio (only got phone pics but theyre not too bad)..
35aov2c.jpg

n6ur1f.jpg

2q2o9oz.gif

Thinking about buying some pastidip and spraying the front bar black and maybe have a stripe of orange on it and get a black and orange sorta theme going :D comments or anything if you want.

Turbos.
Just don't waste too much of your money! I fail to see how you're going to make it sporty. Enjoy it for what it is, then move on up the ladder...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
great fun little cars, not quick, dont handle well n made out of tin cans but so fun to drive.

i worked for peugeot when they were 1st released, i got given one and the accessories catalouge and told to order what i wanted..

great fun

Listerine & Poledo
Save your money, time and effort.

keep it standard so you'll be able to sell it when the time comes for an upgrade

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My mrs has one of these god awful car to drive, but enjoy it mate :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
My mrs has one of these god awful car to drive, but enjoy it mate :)

Really? I think they're proper fun, lol!

Perfect first car mate, don't come much cheaper to run than these!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Really? I think they're proper fun, lol!

Perfect first car mate, don't come much cheaper to run than these!

Persoanlly yes, but i drive a clio and a RRS :rasp:

I find the ride really crashy, road noise is unbeliable and I hate 3 cylinder engines with a passion :eek:

As you say though very cheap to run..

I quite it enjoy to drive, not drove any other car though. Keeps up with my other mates new clio well through all the corners and his is a 1.2. The body roll is terrible but makes it a good laugh :) Gets 68 mpg average on paper i get about 55ish and £20 a year road tax :D

Coincidence! I'm selling my 182 for one :)

The gf has sold her Mini Cooper S and bought the Citroen equivalent (C1)

They aren't "fast" and roll around corners horrendusly but I had more fun in 5 mins in a 107 than I ever had in any of my RS Clios! The ride is nice too, soaks up potholes for fun.

Also 100+ miles round town for a tenner, yes please.

Leave it standard though. Not worth "modding" one

Last edited:
Youll enjoy it mate :) dont think id give up a 182 for one but haha. I like the look of the c1 better i want to get the rear lights to swap for mine. Nah its not at all, i'm not doing anything to it that i can't take off and replace back to standard. TTS do a supercharger kit for it for 3grand haha :L

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I'm not keen on either of the 3 (I'd have an Aygo if I really had to) but it is a very good first car. I don't think it's really worth modifying it though

Youll enjoy it mate :) dont think id give up a 182 for one but haha. I like the look of the c1 better i want to get the rear lights to swap for mine. Nah its not at all, i'm not doing anything to it that i can't take off and replace back to standard. TTS do a supercharger kit for it for 3grand haha :L

Its between a 107 on a 58/59 plate or a Vespa at the minute. They are ace little cars though, we had one before the Cooper S, so much fun, go-kart like....

£20 tax and group 1 insurance is nice too ;)

2.2 bar shed.
drive at the same pace a 107 can achieve and you'll probably be a lot happier.

slower, but happier

I probably am driving at the same pace, autoboxes and oldschool technology dont go hand in hand with MPG. Welded diffs go hand in hand with happiness though...

its faster off the line than a standard 1.2 clio so its not as if its redicuously slow, after 70 you get nothing but lol. stays in first upto 30 and second upto 55 easily so its good to thrash about the backroads the exhaust sounds not bad from inside because of next to no sound deadining to save money, its fun :D

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Just enjoy it for what it is mate and then move up the ladder. Sounds like you've got an enthusiasm for cars, and believe me if you save up, you move up the ladder alot quicker, and it feels better.

I'm 20 and own my Mini outright. My mate, who bought a new clio the month before I bought mine, spent 3000 basically on sh*te, and now he still owes on the car and can't afford to get a better car.

Just enjoy it for what it is mate and then move up the ladder. Sounds like you've got an enthusiasm for cars, and believe me if you save up, you move up the ladder alot quicker, and it feels better.

I'm 20 and own my Mini outright. My mate, who bought a new clio the month before I bought mine, spent 3000 basically on sh*te, and now he still owes on the car and can't afford to get a better car.
I've managed to get an apprenticeship so ill pay off this car from my mum and dad then i'll look to get a decent one when im older and can offord insurance and all that.
Got a question, was ment to go see if those alloys will fit my car but was in an accident in my mates car and ive broke my collar bone so can't drive :/ my mates clio is the same pcd size as mine so will seeing if they fit is be enough? i dont really understand wheel offset and all that.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
My mum's had two, i quite like that to be fair! There mint in the snow too, didn't get stuck once

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
My mates got one and it does beat some older 1.2 16valvers when absolutely thrashed. And it sounds pretty decent considering its a 1 litre! But I wouldn't say it's go kart like after racing karts for 8 years, the Clio is much closer to that! But the cheapness is a win.

And agree with leaving it standard, I'm struggling to sell my 1.2 Punto as it's modded, standard cars in this class fly out the door

I looked up some stats about it when i was bored, get maximum break @6000rpm, dont have a clue what it revs to cause i dont have a rev counter haha.
And the guy selling the alloys eventually got measurement for them theyre the wrong size so won't be getting them, i've seen nicer ones though and made the guy on offer just need to wait and see :approve:

I looked up some stats about it when i was bored, get maximum break @6000rpm, dont have a clue what it revs to cause i dont have a rev counter haha.
And the guy selling the alloys eventually got measurement for them theyre the wrong size so won't be getting them, i've seen nicer ones though and made the guy on offer just need to wait and see :approve:

Try get hold of some OEM alloys from the sport model, they look quite cool....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice first car, but are you declaring those mods on your insurance ;)?

Try get hold of some OEM alloys from the sport model, they look quite cool....
I was thinking about it but theyve still got the same rediculously skinny tyres, 165 width! lol
And DrRollo i phoned up to see how much it would be £45 extra so i would if i got them dont think my dad would let me not claim them

I was thinking about it but theyve still got the same rediculously skinny tyres, 165 width! lol
And DrRollo i phoned up to see how much it would be £45 extra so i would if i got them dont think my dad would let me not claim them

Skinny tires are good for the ride/economic driving and awesome in the snow.

I'd leave them on and enjoy the car for what it is mate

Sprayed the front bar black with plasti dip today :)
IMAG0193.jpg

The wee square bit is missing cause i took it out to paint it seperate incase i sealed it shut with the paint lol