ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2 - BRG

mx5
Some of you may remember the mx5 I had a around a year ago. Unfortunately rust got the the better of it and somebody ended up buying it off me and taking it to France to restore it after it failed its MOT for it

Here are a couple pics of the old one, (sorry theyre huge):
MX5.jpg

8023398249_7f6a911b0e_b.jpg

Got the new one about 6 months back. Here are some pics from the advert:

3_zps26f32eb8.jpg

7_zpsfc5bce86.jpg

10_zps655825f6.jpg

and heres a pic the day I brought it home:

autolevels_zps3518a3bd.jpg

Since then made some changes to the front. Here it is after fitting no plate bracket, splitter and tsi's a couple months back

IMG_5407_zpsf3ad848e.jpg

Had it washed today and took a pic which which prompted me to start this thread.

Since the previous pic I've had a full alignment done, got some better (imo) tyres and fitted a hard top. Not sure what future plans are, just enjoying driving it at the moment. Lots of lovely B roads around where I moved to in sept so its been fun. Here it is as of a couple hours ago:

C2YCgm7.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Classic.

Great timing too, time to get that hardtop stowed away for the spring/summer.

I even have faith that this one wont be ruined.

How long before CS has to give in and rebrand as MX-CS? ;)

Listerine & Poledo
Do like BRG.
Needs to be a smidge lower though. They're hella wobbly as standard. Even just some OEM Bilsteins would do.

Might just have a set of them lying in the garage as it happens. ;)

And the good ones too, not the bounce-smash MK.1 types

mx5
Cheers for replies. Probably no more changes for the time being to be honest. I can't be bothered dealing with a very low car. Its never going to be a show/track car or anything and suits me quite well as it is. Don't really want to put too much more money into the car as I've spent a fair amount on maintenance and the roof, so just going to enjoy it as it is for the time being.

Goodj - don't worry, picked up the hard top in november or something so have had it for the vast majority of the winter. Wished I didnt have it on this weekend though, was perfect top down weather.
Going to keep it on for another month or so until it starts actually warming up, then it will probably go in the garage for the summer.

Gloss black front badge- thoughts?

Last edited:
  mx5
So had a bit of a hairy moment in the wet and thought the mazda had had it. Luckily just needed a flat spot in the wheel straightened and a new tyre for grand total of £85. So to celebrate, here are a couple of terrible quality pics with no changes since the last post. Sorry, will get some SLR pics next time I give it a wash and the weather is nice.

XqMz6qZ.jpg

aLlfZQs.jpg

Next up - sorting out centre caps (either replacing missing one or going without on all 4) and deciding whether to paint the front badge black to match the tsis and splitter. To be honest I'm not going to be lowering it, the handling is absolutely fine for me and to be honest I'd rather put the money into petrol and enjoying it from now on.

Cheers

Last edited:
  mx5
Nothing much has changed on the car in the past year or so except removing the front badge. Took a pic this evening and thought Id update
XPS0L2J.jpg