ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Must-have Blackberry apps?

Bus w**ker
Do we have a Premiership Football App for the Blackberry?
Dunno, try searching on crackberry.com.

I have just got a storm. What a crap phone. It does nothing much as my nokia 6300. It wont let me set the alarm just for the weekend just every day or week days. Also it wont allow me to assign ring tones to various people. If there is away of doing this im listening.
Off the top of my head I can't think of a way with the default alarm. I know there are apps available to let you customise the alarm more though. Or thinking about it you could set a reoccurring alarm in the calendar for just the weekends.

To assign a ring tone: -
Open contacts, select contact, click edit, click on add custom ring tone, select tone from list, save. Done.
utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTEyXzUyXzUyLmpwZw.gif

Audi TT
Storm 2 looks to be a big improvement and the piezo screen technology dicks all over the old Storm and more importantly the solid iphone screen :D

As said about the alarm. Just set an alarm in the calender and set it to be a weekly reoccuring alarm. Quite why you can't set the alarm yourself I don't know. I work shifts so have to change it daily.

http://www.google.com/sync/index.html

Not sure if this is a repost, but having tried to transfer over the contacts on my Storm to the new iPhone, I can only do one contact to the sim directory at a time = tedious!!

With this Google Sync, it doesn't matter what phone you have, all contacts are updated/loaded easy as pie!

Bus w**ker
Two way Google Sync is coming to the Blackberry as standard with OS 5.0, from what I read this morning on Crackberry.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Is that the same google sync that you just download to update your calendar etc? Or am I wrong with that?

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Yeah - I use the sync for the calendar and then sync the that with my desktop. Useful lil app tbh.

Aye, certainly be using it more often instead of having to copy phone contacts to sim and then swap and import. PITA!!

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Yeah - I'll bet. I wouldn't be looking forward to doing that when my contracts up next year.

Mk5 golf gti
bump :)
does anyone kno if theres a way to get the decent paid apps for free
like you can on the iphone
just bought a bold 9700 :)

Nissan Jewk
Have just got my 9700 and have only downloaded the following apps:

- Facebook
- Gmail
- Movies
- The Weather Network
- Drive Safe.ly
- Xenozu YouTube

Can't find anything else half decent??

Bus w**ker
Drive safe.ly is a great idea but a w**k app and you don't really need Xenozu as you can just use m.youtube.com.

I've got very few apps TBH, mostly as the 9000 suffers badly with application memory leaks and well a lack of application memory in the first place, but those I do have are:

BeBuzz (paid)
SportyPal
Capture It
tumblr (although I'm about to delete it as I never use it)
BB App world
Facebook
Twitter
Google Maps
MSN Messenger

And that's it, unless you want to include BB messenger in there too.