ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Must-have Blackberry apps?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Got my 8900 Curve coming this week, after some toys for it!

I'm after google maps, facebook and a twitter app fo' sho', but any other cool apps or themes?

crackberry.com seems quite good for apps. I tried to download blackberry's appworld for my laptop but it didn't work. Is app world like the itunes store, where you can browse through stuff on the computer or can it only be accessed via the phone?

If anyone has the exe file for app world could they send it to me, if one exists?

Thanks

Theres plenty of things on App world to try - everytime i look theres loads of things added. I use Viigo (For new feeds, weather, cinema times, road traffic info etc), Facebook, Msn (Dont use that much but works well), Gmaps.

I don't use Gmail, prefer to just have my mail in the integrated blackberry e-mail.

Quickpull v2 - Set it to restart phone when in bed to help clear memory.

Its not as app crazy as the Iphone but I couldn't care less, It does the trick for my needs.

Sy

http://www.themes4bb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=200&order=desc

Thanks for the above, just signed up to the Viigo one, much better than anything I had separately before!! Cheers!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Theres plenty of things on App world to try - everytime i look theres loads of things added. I use Viigo (For new feeds, weather, cinema times, road traffic info etc), Facebook, Msn (Dont use that much but works well), Gmaps.

I don't use Gmail, prefer to just have my mail in the integrated blackberry e-mail.

Quickpull v2 - Set it to restart phone when in bed to help clear memory.

Its not as app crazy as the Iphone but I couldn't care less, It does the trick for my needs.

Sy

http://www.themes4bb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=200&order=desc
How does this one work mate i'm interested.

Audi TT
I don't bother with quickpull if it gets slow I just hit alt+right shift+delete. job done.

facebook 1.6 app is good.
google quick search is handy to have
googlemaps is ace
amazon app is going to be amazing but only in $$$'s at the mo

Audi TT
It's just a google icon. you click it and it's a google search box. type your search in and hit enter. it loads up the web browser at the relevent google search results page. Just quicker and easier than opening the web browser then going to the google page and doing it.

seconds matter!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Cool. How good is the GPS on the curve?

Can it be as good as a tom tom unit or does it rely on the EDGE network? Is googlemaps the best app for sat nav capabilities?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cool. How good is the GPS on the curve?

Can it be as good as a tom tom unit or does it rely on the EDGE network? Is googlemaps the best app for sat nav capabilities?
I'm not 100% but any one i've used, the gmaps seem to be the easiest way of getting around tbh.

Bus w**ker
My most used are (all free):

Facebook
Weatherbug
Viigo
Ubertwitter
BuzzMe (might be Bold only though)
Poynt
EasyBartender
Google Maps

The only paid for app I've got is MissingLight.

Got some other free ones on there but I rarely use them.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My most used are (all free):

Facebook
Weatherbug
Viigo
Ubertwitter
BuzzMe (might be Bold only though)
Poynt
EasyBartender
Google Maps

The only paid for app I've got is MissingLight.

Got some other free ones on there but I rarely use them.
What are the 3 in bold Symon?

Oh sorry, lol. Poynt is like a locator and then has a home screen of three icons; Businesses, People and Movies. Then lists everything in that location. So can search businesses, films, theatres etc etc. But it actually works and updates quickly, on a parr with iPhones.

Oh and I am still playing with it btw, it also brings up full address, then option to call their number, save location, map listing, map route and loads of other options!

Bus w**ker
BuzzMe is to cure the "glitch" on the Bold, could be other models too, where the phone vibrates and then rings instead of doing it at the same time. They've just released a pro paid for version to make it vibe and ring on texts, emails and possibly other things. My favourite app by a long shot lol.

Poynt as Jamie said is a local search app, great for cinemas and food and shizzle. Currently not all the features of it work in the UK but it's still good for those that do.

EasyBartender is currently a demo, but fully functional :S. It's available on app world and basically tells you how to mix c**ktails and other drinks to get you drunk. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Symon mate, they sound cool, especially that bartender one! My mate owns a pub so that really is going to come in useful!

I don't have a ring tone at all I always have used vibrate for messages and calls.
Does the bold only have 1 OS software update since new?

Bus w**ker
Lol, so that's what happened to your on Sunday, too many hours spend on EasyBartender ;)
lol I wish mate, seriously s**t myself (literally :eek:) as I had all the symptoms of Pig Flu. Still not 100% now :(.

However EasyBartender will be put to good use on the night before Trax ;), and I owe you a few drinks. XOXO

Thanks Symon mate, they sound cool, especially that bartender one! My mate owns a pub so that really is going to come in useful!

I don't have a ring tone at all I always have used vibrate for messages and calls.
Does the bold only have 1 OS software update since new?
No problem, seems to be difficult finding good apps in the torrent of iPhone pap. If you're feeling nerdy the Crackberry RSS feed, via Viigo, reviews most of the new apps that have come out.

There's been loads of OS updates, but unfortunately Orange don't bother with them. I was running .221 (4.6) on Orange, as that's the official OS, but it was s**t TBH so I updated to .247 and the phones so much better now, more stable and much improved battery life too. Still doesn't rid me of the f**king 'App error 523' thing though on a reboot :(.

It's Dead easy to do though, let me know if you want the details.

Hyundai i40
o_O have to check some of these apps out :)

i only have

msn and fb

have a few more but thats all i use

just started using blackberry chat with pins....really like that feature

so feel free to send me pins ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
o_O have to check some of these apps out :)

i only have

msn and fb

have a few more but thats all i use

just started using blackberry chat with pins....really like that feature

so feel free to send me pins ;)
I believe a certain Daniel likes to get involved with BB pins Sarah!