ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Multiple Monitors

1996 Valver
Hi Guys

Can anyone help? I'm trying to connect my LCD TV to my laptop, So far I have connected them up, and played with the settings in 'Display, Control panel' But all I can get is the desktop picture and nothing else, Like this;

IMG_0686.gif

Thanks
Pat

Megane Mk4
Don't most laptop pc's have a function key that 'swaps' between the laptop lcd display and a connected external monitor?

Just a thought, might be wrong though :eek:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
it depends what you want to do with it mate, the way you've got it setup at the moment is that the tv is a second monitor (i.e you can drag a window from monitor 1 to monitor 2), or if you shut the lid of your laptop, the tv will become the main (and only) monitor.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
uve got an extended monitor there....in the display properties it will say extend my display onto this monitor.....

click on the second monitor on the display properties and there shud be two options....one to extend an another to mirror.

hope that helps

Clio 172mk2
u can drag box`s into the lg screen , or say open a movie drag it accross to lg and max screen it if u want the start menu over swap monitor 1 and 2 around , or if u want both to display same tell it to not extend to other

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you can use a program like www.ultramon.com to allow you to use a seperate wallpaper for each screen. It also allows you to have a taskbar on each screen and gives you extras buttons in windows to make moving windows from one monitor to another much easier.

1996 Valver
Thanks Guys Some good info there.

I have got it working to an extent, Just need to fiddle some more I think!