ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Multiple heater resistor pack failures

Has anyone had experience of more than one resistor pack failing on them in a short space of time? My original one died in January leaving the blowers stuck on maximum, so I sourced a 2nd hand replacement off of here which worked fine but also suddenly died on me y'day, causing same symptoms (full blowers). Now I know it could be coincidence, and that it was a 2nd hand part that was fitted, but starting to think there is probably an underlying problem. Pollen filter was changed last month, and all seemed clean in there, could I possibly be looking at a failing fan motor causing it? Although the fan does seem to run ok when not stuck on full power, only thing iv noticed is an occasional squeak from vent areas. If anyone can share any experience or any ideas of where to look would be much appreciated, ta!

Bit of a bump on this, but anyone at all know anything about the resistors going? Or is it just likely a case of bad luck with the 2 failing in quick succession? Removed the blower motor from the car today and it looks ok, wiring and plugs look ok, cage seems to rotate fine by hand as well although when running in the car I did occasionally here squealing thru the vents before, possibly a bearing. If it's just a case of coincidence with the resistors, is it better to go down the 2nd hand route again and hope it's 3rd time lucky, or would I be better off sending the 2 I already have to get repaired somewhere, no idea about how long I could expect a repaired one to last etc.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Check for water marks on the resistor. Mine was soaked so it died.

My second failed for what ever reason (was second hand).

The third is a new OEM one from ebay for £20. working fine so far

Think I will go down the route of trying to source a brand new 3rd one and see if that lasts. Was maybe just bad luck and the 2nd hand one was on the way out anyway. Do you happen to have a link for one on eBay? @Diagro