ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 heater blower removal and replace

1.5 dci Mk3
Hi All.

I've been living with the dreaded heater issue for the past few Months.

Due to the first frosts and a new hourly commute in 3c (it was bloody cold this week) I decided that today was the day I would change the bugger for another off of ebay.

Anyway suffice to say, it was rubbish to do.
I changed the resistor pack some months back and that did nothing, so I knew it was the fan.

You can like me do it without taking off the steering wheel, I dropped the rack and removed the clutch pedal out of the way, also taking the strut on the side (behind the head unit on the side, with the fuse pack bolted on)
I removed some down foot vent n all which is annoying.

Anyway, it's a pig to get out because you have the thread fixing for the rack and the same for the clutch pedal to get through but as long as you turn it around, and then swivel it through and back again for the new one, you should get it done in a couple hours really. I'm a complete novice only watching youtube vids to see where the fixings are...

Next week its change the resistor pack on the mrs clio as shes only got 1 and 3 working... :(

Clio 197
Hi All.

I've been living with the dreaded heater issue for the past few Months.

Due to the first frosts and a new hourly commute in 3c (it was bloody cold this week) I decided that today was the day I would change the bugger for another off of ebay.

Anyway suffice to say, it was rubbish to do.
I changed the resistor pack some months back and that did nothing, so I knew it was the fan.

You can like me do it without taking off the steering wheel, I dropped the rack and removed the clutch pedal out of the way, also taking the strut on the side (behind the head unit on the side, with the fuse pack bolted on)
I removed some down foot vent n all which is annoying.

Anyway, it's a pig to get out because you have the thread fixing for the rack and the same for the clutch pedal to get through but as long as you turn it around, and then swivel it through and back again for the new one, you should get it done in a couple hours really. I'm a complete novice only watching youtube vids to see where the fixings are...

Next week its change the resistor pack on the mrs clio as shes only got 1 and 3 working... :(

I think I may have a similar issue on my 200....i can hear the fan working at the 4 speed settings however it’s almost as if there’s a flap within the blower that’s stuck and not allowing the air out.

Did yours stop working all together?

1.5 dci Mk3
I think I may have a similar issue on my 200....i can hear the fan working at the 4 speed settings however it’s almost as if there’s a flap within the blower that’s stuck and not allowing the air out.

Did yours stop working all together?

Yeah completely dead, I tried first by changing the plug and resistor pack.

You can get to your flaps oiioii, by taking off the trim, taking out the head unit. You'll need to pull up the trim by the handbrake too, but you can pretty much see all the components which move/ or in your case not move.

Clio 197
Yeah completely dead, I tried first by changing the plug and resistor pack.

You can get to your flaps oiioii, by taking off the trim, taking out the head unit. You'll need to pull up the trim by the handbrake too, but you can pretty much see all the components which move/ or in your case not move.

so do I need to get my fingers into the flaps to sort this 😂

Short term if I can get the air to come into the car I will be happy. I guess a motor has gone somewhere within the unit. As you’ve had the unit out do you know if the the motor can be replaced or is it all one unit?

Had it on my dads car. The blower just stopped working. I borrowed it one day and he told me what had happened, I turned the ac on and off and it worked, then it would only work on speed 3.
I looked on here about it and found out that the wires for the plug behind the centre vents burn out. There's a link to a seller on ebay who sells the wires etc, they cost about £7. I told him the number & he ordered it, he changed it by taking out the glove box and working from there. He says it works fine again.

1.5 dci Mk3
so do I need to get my fingers into the flaps to sort this 😂

Short term if I can get the air to come into the car I will be happy. I guess a motor has gone somewhere within the unit. As you’ve had the unit out do you know if the the motor can be replaced or is it all one unit?

The vent unit itself is mechanical, asin you turn the dial, and that closes the vent mechanically, no motor for that, the fan bit is the only motor I know of.. I've got a dci though, but I doubt it is different..

1.5 dci Mk3
Had it on my dads car. The blower just stopped working. I borrowed it one day and he told me what had happened, I turned the ac on and off and it worked, then it would only work on speed 3.
I looked on here about it and found out that the wires for the plug behind the centre vents burn out. There's a link to a seller on ebay who sells the wires etc, they cost about £7. I told him the number & he ordered it, he changed it by taking out the glove box and working from there. He says it works fine again.

Yea I did this first as occasionally it would come to life, but actually its thr motor.. he mrs has a clio and her resistor pack has gone so it only works on certain settings so I've got bits in the post for that...