ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So after a long drive today to collect the wheels & after a decent clean there on!.I need to adjust the height tho as the back is bit to high & front is maybe ok.Will upload some better photos once all set up properly,but here are some for now.

20190630_164811.jpg
20190630_164905.jpg
20190630_164822.jpg

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I do really like td 1.2 and they do look good. So you won’t be running the turinis anymore?

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I think the silver would look really well. Someone sent me a pic of a set they were selling the other day but I’ve deleted the pic ?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I do like Turinis, but think they look well smart. Much cheaper tyres too. Have you noticed how different it drives? I think they feel so much more responsive on 15" wheels.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate after adjusting the tyre pressures this morning on the way to work feels much better,but not sure if thats down to the AD80R's or being 195/50 profile than the 195/45 on the turinis.Will adjust the height today once home & got some better centre caps coming @Mbeau

I still like the Turinis & keeping them,just fancied a change & also read that they drive better on 15's along with cheaper & more tyre choices.

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I do really like the wheels the more I look at them. Just think a slightly lighter colour will help bring the style of them out. Well done on the centre caps aswell.

Where did you get the centre cap from for the steering wheel by the way?

172 Cup
I was not a fan at first but I have to admit that now it’s been dropped and with the centre caps on I really like it.

I don’t think I would go silver, I think they would just look like fake OEM then. I think leave them black to be different

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
@mart.z.s Thanks mate & i may change the colour in the future if i come across a colour i like,maybe a metallic black or a different silver.I made the centre cap for the steering wheel to mate.

@Kosy Thanks mate i wasnt to sure at first to,but now i do and looks much better in the flesh.If silver i would go same colour i got the Turinis painted.

@Hxrry Thanks very much mate & yep i arrange totally changed the look of the car.Drives so much better to

Will obvs get some decent photos when im up Scotland next week for my hols.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So for my Birthday me & the girlfriend went for week in Scotland.The Cup ran faultless,only trouble was finding a Station that sold Super Unleaded?
And of course i got a few photos of the Cup while up there.

Cant wait for the weekend in Wales now with a few of the lads in Sept off the forum??

20190716_140243.jpg
20190716_135947.jpg
20190716_092657.jpg
20190716_092319.jpg
20190716_090913.jpg
20190716_090530.jpg

20190712_133206.jpg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
This Weekend job was to fit a new alternator.Nothing wrong with the old one,just something i wanted to do as its just ticked over 145k now & part of good maintenance/reliability as i think its never been replaced.

But as usual a simply job never goes easy to plan.The power terminal loop to the alternator was fooked & snapped on me,lucky enough screwfix is open on sundays to pick up some new loop terminals & fix the problem.

Also bonus i have under cover parking space area to wokr on the car if need be with crap weather.

Snapped Terminal.
20190727_171110.jpg

Old Dirty Alternator
20190728_133359.jpg

Nice New One Fitted
20190728_133312.jpg

20190727_163604.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
@MrBlonde might be worth sending that alternator off to be refurbished - always worth having spares.
I went to the Ring a couple of years ago and took a box of basic spares (alternator/plugs/leads/brake pads etc) always peace of mind on long trips.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So randomly this evening while giving the cup a quick clean i decide to take the side bump strips off & repaint them along with the bullets.Also a good clean on the car where they sit,full of dirt.

The standard finish on the Cup strips are Satin lacquer finish,but i decide to try gloss lacquer finish & think it works well.For the Bullets i tried a Ford Moondust Silver with Gloss Lacquer.

20190804_180151.jpg
20190804_174802.jpg
20190804_174304.jpg