ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Christmas' Flamer Project

my 04 plate 172 has cruise/limiter but had no changer weirdly
car looks great mate deffo the best colour but i would say that haha :)

Ph2 Meg 225
my 04 plate 172 has cruise/limiter but had no changer weirdly
car looks great mate deffo the best colour but i would say that haha :smile:

Cheers mate, mine also cruise and speed limiter but no cd changer. Although I'm not too fussed as I have fitted an aux module in its place! :)

Car had the belts done yesterday with mick at diamond motors who did a top job and kept me informed on niggly bits that needed doing. Also just ordered a new passenger mirror glass as I cracked mine taking it off the other day. Some better pictures will be up at the weekend!

Ph2 Meg 225
another lovely looking flame!

liking the progress so far mate, mine should be at diamond in the near future too.

Cheers mate! it will be in good hands with mick he's a knowledgeable bloke.

Have you got a smaller number plate yet? :tongueout:

Have I balls hahaah! Something better is happening tomorrow though, here's a clue on the brands name:

C - - - S - - - T

Try and guess that

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cheers mate! it will be in good hands with mick he's a knowledgeable bloke.

Have I balls hahaah! Something better is happening tomorrow though, here's a clue on the brands name:

C - - - S - - - T

Try and guess that

Recaro seats?? Lol

Ph2 Meg 225
My bad, I'm terrible at reading between the lines :( although there was supposed to be a wink face but didnt appear so it looks like I was serious, oh well

Ph2 Meg 225
Small bit of progress, removed the renault elf sticker our of the rear window for a cleaner look.
photo4-9.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

also removed the 'renault sport' badges from the rear and replaced with a clio 200 badge. Came off surprisingly easy with hot water! I debated which side to put it on but settled for the left, levelled it up and centralised it using tape as I'm quite anal about these things and it would have bugged me other wise.

E6B0526D-5BE3-490A-AE7B-12051EFCCB1E.jpg

C1726DB9-CF52-4992-886B-9F04648B83F0.jpg

82075AA3-981B-4154-9201-0180FE54BC3A.jpg

That is all until the cooksports are fitted.

Ph2 Meg 225
Update time!

Minor bits of progress since last time. finally had my braking problem fixed causing pedal judder under light braking, turned out to be cracked drivers side ABS ring. Cooksports didn't go ahead in the end as the person I was purchasing them from had been messed around with some other suspension therefore requiring the cooksports.

So the following has changed since last time
Painted the calipers in hammerite smooth silver as halfords had no high temp silver paint

image-41.jpg

photo4-10.jpg

photo3-16.jpg

photo2-22.jpg

16mm hubcentric spacers
Before

photo1-23.jpg

photo2-23.jpg

After

photo3-17.jpg

photo4-11.jpg

photo5-7.jpg

image-46.jpg

image-45.jpg

Slam panel bolts swapped to stainless ones
Before

photo1-24.jpg

After

photo2-24.jpg

photo3-18.jpg

M.A.D battery cover, ecu bracket painted gloss black, engine bay is almost finished just requires the manifold painting

image-42.jpg

image-43.jpg

image-44.jpg

And finally gave it a detail but my cutting pad disintegrated during use so didn't get much correction

image-49.jpg

photo5-8.jpg

photo4-12.jpg

List of modifications done:
Alloy footrest pedal
Stainless steel engine cover bolts
Stainless steel slam panel bolts
M.A.D battery cover
Home made induction using alloy bend and ram air filter
16mm hubcentric spacers all round
Cup spoiler
Connects2 aux adaptor
Rs200 badge
Skoda splitter
LED interior bulbs
New cup spoiler brake light
Citreon mist washer jets

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks amazing that Kyle, so glossy :smiley:

What polish are you using for correction? Trying to get a general idea as to what works with Renault paintwork in time for when I do mine.

I use menzerna polishes on hex logic pads, followed up with tripple on a finishing pad and prima epic wax. they worked well on my 1.2 but like I said the pad was falling apart during polishing so each panel was only run over once. Shame really as there's still a few swirls but it will do till I get chance to do it properly

BG Clio 182
Looks amazing that Kyle, so glossy :D

What polish are you using for correction? Trying to get a general idea as to what works with Renault paintwork in time for when I do mine.
You won't go wrong with the autofinesse revitalise kit. I find no 2 pad 2 epic for light swirls on the clio [emoji14]

Ph2 Meg 225
Couple more updates, had some work done at ddc in doncaster consisting of a new clutch, gearbox oil and replacement sump as mine had a Bodge repair that was leaking, great lads and kept me informed of what was needed.

Back onto modifications, I got a fitted boot mat along with a boot net as I always hated the outline of the spare wheel in the boot lining and hate shopping rolling around

image-58.jpg

Got some front bumper insert stickers off n2grafix and fitted them.

image-59.jpg

image-54.jpg

Smooth rear wiper blank in satin black.

image-53.jpg

Non sport grab handles to get rid of the scratched rubberised ones.

photo5-10.jpg

Polished ac pipes in the engine bay and fitted some strut top covers.

photo3-22.jpg

photo2-29.jpg

photo1-29.jpg

Got a steering wheel in mint condition apart from needing one thumb grip for the grand sum of £10 , fitted some Russo thumb grips and the end result is...

photo2-28.jpg

photo4-14.jpg

photo1-28.jpg

Not bad to say it cost a grand total of £30!

More to come shortly....

BG Clio 182
Couple more updates, had some work done at ddc in doncaster consisting of a new clutch, gearbox oil and replacement sump as mine had a Bodge repair that was leaking, great lads and kept me informed of what was needed.

Back onto modifications, I got a fitted boot mat along with a boot net as I always hated the outline of the spare wheel in the boot lining and hate shopping rolling around

image-58.jpg

Got some front bumper insert stickers off n2grafix and fitted them.

image-59.jpg

image-54.jpg

Smooth rear wiper blank in satin black.

image-53.jpg

Non sport grab handles to get rid of the scratched rubberised ones.

photo5-10.jpg

Polished ac pipes in the engine bay and fitted some strut top covers.

photo3-22.jpg

photo2-29.jpg

photo1-29.jpg

Got a steering wheel in mint condition apart from needing one thumb grip for the grand sum of £10 , fitted some Russo thumb grips and the end result is...

photo2-28.jpg

photo4-14.jpg

photo1-28.jpg

Not bad to say it cost a grand total of £30!

More to come shortly....
Looking good buddy,

Just been to DDC myself and had the box oil done, wow it smoothes up the gear changes! Cracking garage though. Car goes there for everything to be honest now!

Ph2 Meg 225
Looking good buddy,

Just been to DDC myself and had the box oil done, wow it smoothes up the gear changes! Cracking garage though. Car goes there for everything to be honest now!

Cheers mate, top set of lads can't fault them, just out of interest what do you do when you go there as you must live Abit away?

Ph2 Meg 225
Got a few alcantara parts, firstly consisting of a pillars and handbrake cover which shortly after led on to getting the gear stick gaiter done in a similar material to complement them
Not the best pictures due to lighting making it hard to pick up.

image-56.jpg

photo3-21.jpg

image-55.jpg

image-52.jpg

Again they're all the same colour it's just the lighting, the gear stick gaiter was done by a company on eBay who sent out some samples to match to the a pillars.

In the next few weeks I'll be having the wheels refurbed I think!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks good mate. I've done pretty much everything you have to my flamer other than spacers.

In reference to earlier comments, i've got multidisk changer but not cruise control, sadly.

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks good mate. I've done pretty much everything you have to my flamer other than spacers.

In reference to earlier comments, i've got multidisk changer but not cruise control, sadly.

Cheers mate, the spacers made a bigger difference then I thought they would and I'm glad I put them on! I keep looking at yours which makes me want turinis but I can't help thinking they look good on standard wheels when lowered.

@Kchristmas well they usually offer to take me into town near frenchgate or whatever but if they don't or whatever then I just get a taxi into town mate haha how about you?

I'm not much of a shopper and can't sit around in a costa all day so I go home, In the past Kieron (newb) has given me a lift but I caught the bus home the other day. In a car it take me 20 mins to ddc where as a bus took me 1h 15mins!

BG Clio 182
Cheers mate, the spacers made a bigger difference then I thought they would and I'm glad I put them on! I keep looking at yours which makes me want turinis but I can't help thinking they look good on standard wheels when lowered.

I'm not much of a shopper and can't sit around in a costa all day so I go home, In the past Kieron (newb) has given me a lift but I caught the bus home the other day. In a car it take me 20 mins to ddc where as a bus took me 1h 15mins!
Haha f**k that! I just go with the Mrs mate haha keeps her happy going in the shops and sitting in Costa lol. Yeah I know him, fair enough mate. Takes me about 30 mins from my house is all. You going to the drive on the 19th pal?

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks great. Very tidy :smile:

Cheers mate, I'll try and get some better photos later that do it some justice. :)

Haha f**k that! I just go with the Mrs mate haha keeps her happy going in the shops and sitting in Costa lol. Yeah I know him, fair enough mate. Takes me about 30 mins from my house is all. You going to the drive on the 19th pal?

Id quite happily do that with my missus but she's like me just like to get what she wants and then leave, we're never at a shopping centre for more than an hour max hahahah! Hopefully but it's the sisters birthday day before so I might be out the night before