ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

my car is a mk1 172 and its only getin 25mpg on a good day

all i have done to it from standard is put a 57i on it i was told it should run about 30mpg +

yesterday covered nearly 300 miles going to TRAX in my Mk1 172....

I reset my MPGometer before i went, and averaged 40.6mpg for the whole journey :)

around town i constantly get 35/36mpg. I have a K-tec zaust and Pipercross filter.

/Dan.

I managed 290 miles on a full tank, but that was mainly town driving.

Trax and a few miles beforehand was 285 miles and I still had £6 left in there when I filled up again when I got home! Seems that not-very-slow motorway driving isnt too bad for it! lol Did crawl home about 40mph though... :-S

Quote: Originally posted by Macca172 on 05 September 2005

I managed to get 18.8 mpg at the last Renaultsport Brands evening :devilish:
poor effort... mine was 12.3mpg at Brands in the pissing rain :eek:

The Tube

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 05 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Macca172 on 05 September 2005

I managed to get 18.8 mpg at the last Renaultsport Brands evening :devilish:
poor effort... mine was 12.3mpg at Brands in the pissing rain :eek:
Ummm, yes it was in the pissing rain! 12.3??? Jesus, you sure you took it out of first??

change gear before 2k revs, take off any open air filters, coast, miss gears, use the torque of the engine, dont use any electrics in the car.

Quote: Originally posted by mike172lpool on 05 September 2005
why is mine so sh*t

HAVE NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER HAD LESS THAN 40MPG SINCE DAY ONE!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 06 September 2005
yours is very very special then lol
what do you get to a full tank ?

have had 450 before, a lot of motorway, average 75-80mph.. rest of time nippy as opposed to brutal!!!!

20-22mpg in the 182 (I had a question off ebay asking me what fuel consumption was, Said id never seen below 35mpg *cough*)

Millions in the RT:D

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 06 September 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Is it even possible to get 40mpg?? I didnt realise the 1st digit went upto 4:eek:

renos official figures for extra urban i.e. motorway are 45mpg!!!

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

Mine does bout 350 on a full tank.

Both urban and extra-urban, usually shifting somewhere near 4k.

Most i did was 390, but that was very careful driving, without any hard accelerations whatsoever and keeping the revs at about 3k for 90% of the time.

53 plate Clio 172

I am weel impressed with the MPG, is awesome even if ya boot it!

My MK2 172 usually hits 36 most days

tiTTy & SV650

i used to see 35-40 on long drives but now see 25 most of the time, couple of long drives ahead need to monitor ir cause im thinking maybe somethings wrong lol

Clio 182

Ive NEVER NEVER NEVER seen above 40, honestly maybe there is something wrong with mine because I dont even get 250 miles out of a full tank. I do boot it but not all the time. I dont red line it all the time. I do do only short town drives mainly so maybe this is right. But I didnt even get 40MPG filling up and driving straight onto the Motoway .

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

usually 37s for both cars.

standard is to get about 330-340 for a tank.

Id say not using the climate control makes a huge difference and without air con on its even better.

Street Triple R

im getting about 37mpg from the cup at the moment

I once had 9mpg out of the Evo though!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I never reset my counter over about 3000 miles, the MPG was reading 31.2 mpg and I do a lot of short journeys (city driving)

The Tube

Quote: Originally posted by oneeighttwo on 07 September 2005

Ive NEVER NEVER NEVER seen above 40, honestly maybe there is something wrong with mine because I dont even get 250 miles out of a full tank. I do boot it but not all the time. I dont red line it all the time. I do do only short town drives mainly so maybe this is right. But I didnt even get 40MPG filling up and driving straight onto the Motoway .
Must be that LAD conversion youve had done ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i get 250 miles to £50 if that lol! My impreza turbo was better on fuel than this clio! Rarely use it tho so not fussed :)

my runaround motor does 50+ mpg tho!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I got 50.1 in a convoy with scott and al, then when we wernt in a convoy and we sped up a lil bit it went down to about 44.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Quote: Originally posted by Elle on 07 September 2005

Mine averages between 59 and 64mpg, muhahaha
Yeah but you drive a smelly old DIEsel!

I get about 32-34mpg on average if I drive normally.