ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

clio sport 172, 2002
what mpg is everyone getting round town,

mine is going on for about 24.6 mpg avge: :mad:
and 40.2 mpg one the motorway :)

Sounds fairly normal to me, I get about 30-35ish commuting, part town work part country lane. On a run get 40+ doing 50-70mph, 70+mph and the figure starts to drop off towards 35. I reckon it needs a 6th cog for economical motorway cruising!

clio sport 172, 2002
Sounds fairly normal to me, I get about 30-35ish commuting, part town work part country lane. On a run get 40+ doing 50-70mph, 70+mph and the figure starts to drop off towards 35. I reckon it needs a 6th cog for economical motorway cruising!

yeah i no what u mean but then agen every car could do with more gears for the motrway

VX220 lightning
I managed to get 46.7mpg from the 182 going into london!!! I have a picture to prove it... just trying to dig it out of my phone :)

VaVa
32 Normal driving.

Got 38.8 on a bit of a Motorway run today. CC set to 80 ish for most of it.

If you do 70 or less you can piss 40mpg.

Monaco Ph2 172
I haven't reset my clock in months and in that time I have done one or two motorway runs, commuted into work, been stuck in a queue for an hour, had the air-con on and given it a load of thrash down the A606...

...and I am currently on 36.2mpg - that's exclusively with Shell V-Power.

172 ph2
I reckon there should be a sticky thread on her entitled "average miles per gallon and cambelt" seen as there's a thread about them every day :p

34-39 depending how I drive. Sometimes a bit lower if I reset it then rag the s**t out of it. I'm not sure if it's accurate as mine seems to always but much higher than other people.

Renault Sport Clio 172
the best i've had was around 42-43 mpg, at the moment about 34 around town. heard somewhere that if on the motorway 67mph is the optimum speed to get good mpg

cant get mine to average below 40mpg ever! get 45mpg short trips to the station and back. 50mpg on longer drives and 60+mpg on the motorway

clio 172
I managed to get 37MPG but thats because ive been driving like a pansy due to the car having a drink problem LOL and with the price of fuel not much choice. If i give it some beans it goes down to about 32 ish but I rarely abuse it.

ST
24-28mpg, tho 28mpg is driving like most of the fairys on here who cry about their 172/182 doing less than 34..

I got 82 miles from a tenner, a proper hot hatch doesn't need a trip computer! I guess thats about 40mpg though.
However I lupowned a TT 180 on a dc last night and the fuel light came on after 40 miles (again from a tenner) :D

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I got 82 miles from a tenner, a proper hot hatch doesn't need a trip computer! I guess thats about 40mpg though.
However I lupowned a TT 180 on a dc last night and the fuel light came on after 40 miles (again from a tenner) :D

You stated in your for sale that the GTi does 0-60 in 7.7 i noticed?

Gospel or non-fiction?

ST

You stated in your for sale that the GTi does 0-60 in 7.7 i noticed?

Gospel or non-fiction?

Pretty much gospel if not a touch quicker matey, various have got slightly beter times IIRC..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The only reason i ask is my old VTS stated 7.7 by parkers and 7.4 by citroen and lower again by EVO mag.

I raced a few and whilst it wasnt miles away it was relativley quicker off the mark i found.

Both cars (mine anway) were stock from what i could tell!