ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG v CC

I know quite a few threads have already asked" How many MPG do you get"?

But has anyone made the link between this and running the A/C-C/C?

So heres a quick survey:

How many MPG do you get AND do you run the C/C all the time?

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 20 October 2004

33 mpg and I very rarely use the cc, only on very warm days.
ur sposed to run it at least once a week - lube the pump or something

Im talking about the aircon not the cc, have the blowers going most of the time, as its only the cc that strongly effects mpg.

Renault Laguna Coupe

I just leave it on auto at 18 degrees all the time, seems to just look after itself. Occasionally use the demist button if its puring with rain, but thats about it.

When the Climate Control system is left in Auto mode the system will turn on the AC as needed, i.e. when it detects that the ambient temperature, air coming into the car, needs to be cooled in order to reach the correct temperature dialled into the control unit. You can tell if the system has turned the AC on as the orange light will be lit under the AC button.

Now at this time of year the system keeps the AC off, even in Auto, which is a bit of a pain as when it rains the car tends to steam up due to all the moisture in the air.....soooo to avoid this happening you have to engage the AC manually which will disable the Auto funtion. (AC removes the moisture from the air and hence prevents the car steaming up)

On my 206 GTi whenever Auto was engaged on the Climate Control the AC was engaged as well. Id prefer this on my 182, however it just means that when I manually engage the AC in the rain I have to dial in temp/fan speed/exit points etc. rather than the system doing it all for me.

Cheers Paul

Ps. When you engage the demist function AC will also be engaged.

Slightly off topic my previous post....

Its not the Climate Control which makes the difference its the AC as this requires the compressor to be activated - requiring valuable horse power - accordingly impacting upon MPG.

My MPG with AC on 80% of the time = 35mpg

172, Tiguan

33 or 34 with it on Auto 90% of the time. Recently as Paul says ive been using the ac manually to keep the windows clear and as yet have not noticed a great deal of change.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_G on 20 October 2004

, even in Auto, which is a bit of a pain as when it rains the car tends to steam up due to all the moisture in the air.....soooo to avoid this happening you have to engage the AC manually which will disable the Auto funtion. (AC removes the moisture from the air and hence prevents the car steaming up)

So why bother putting the system into manual to engage the a/c for demisting? :confused: Hit demist, once demisted hit demist again and youre back in auto.

RX-8

funny this came up as i was gonna ask today about the C/C read the manual last night and as far as I can tell auto without the a/c light on shouldnt effect the fuel consumption am i right to think that? this would mean that I hardly ever have the aircon on at all then!

RX-8

but to answer the question my average MPG is 34 thats with auto on the majority of the time!

I get 38mpg at least with the climate control on all the time and when the A/C is in i notice little difference maybe a slight bit in top end nothing to call anything......

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 20 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_G on 20 October 2004

, even in Auto, which is a bit of a pain as when it rains the car tends to steam up due to all the moisture in the air.....soooo to avoid this happening you have to engage the AC manually which will disable the Auto funtion. (AC removes the moisture from the air and hence prevents the car steaming up)

So why bother putting the system into manual to engage the a/c for demisting? :confused: Hit demist, once demisted hit demist again and youre back in auto.

Sorry perhaps I wasnt clear (no pun intended) I engage the AC to just dry the air in the car out and stop ALL windows misting. When you engage the demist function it engages AC and wacks the fan speed up to full - this is design predominently to clear the windscreen rather than side windows. Its a pain in the ar*e to have to keep doing this every 5-10mins in the wet weather. By having the AC on all the time the air is dry and none of windows mist!