ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg calculation

Clio MK 4
I'm confused. Right i filled my car and reset the mileage. The next time i went to fill up i had done 260miles and filled 45litres or so (about £44 of petrol.)

I did a calculation on the internet and it said my mpg was 26 lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm confused. Right i filled my car and reset the mileage. The next time i went to fill up i had done 260miles and filled 45litres or so (about £44 of petrol.)

That sounds about right.

I used to get 50mpg on a 50mile B road commute. That was just over 500 miles per tank.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I usually get around 280ish miles on a tank , thats with the petrol warning light coming on . Thats on my 182 , it was the same on my 172 as well .

Artic Blue Clio 182
I usually get around 280ish miles on a tank , thats with the petrol warning light coming on . Thats on my 182 , it was the same on my 172 as well .

Yeah thats about the same as I get, on a full tank of Shell V Power (£40)
At the mo I am getting an average of 30.4 Mpg. I dont drive too hard, but have fun @ the same time!

(thats in a 182)

53 Clio's & counting

this works out @ approx 32 mpg mate

its easy to work out yourself what you do is run your tank right down,fill it up,take note of how much the petrol costs,run it right down again,take down what mileage you did,refill to make sure it costs about the same to fill bk up as your original tank,then devide the miles by how many gallons of fuel you used,for example:

lets say you fill your tank up and it costs £40,and its £1 per ltr,so you put in 40 ltrs,you then do 300 miles on that,so you fill back up,to make sure its about £40 that goes back in,and there there is 5ltrs per gallon,so you put in 8 gallons,so deviding 300 miles by 8 gallons gives you 37.5 which is your miles per gallon :)

ph quick
do ph2s have a bigger fuel tank or was it expensive juice? The most ive ever got in mine is 40 quid...

53 Clio's & counting
must be expensive juice mate,i managed to squeeze in £41 and that was running on pure fumes lol

Scirocco GT 210

this works out @ approx 32 mpg mate

its easy to work out yourself what you do is run your tank right down,fill it up,take note of how much the petrol costs,run it right down again,take down what mileage you did,refill to make sure it costs about the same to fill bk up as your original tank,then devide the miles by how many gallons of fuel you used,for example:

lets say you fill your tank up and it costs £40,and its £1 per ltr,so you put in 40 ltrs,you then do 300 miles on that,so you fill back up,to make sure its about £40 that goes back in,and there there is 5ltrs per gallon,so you put in 8 gallons,so deviding 300 miles by 8 gallons gives you 37.5 which is your miles per gallon :)

This is wrong. 26mpg was correct.

There are 4.5 (4.546 if you're being very fussy) litres per gallon, not 5. Rounding up to 5 makes a big difference when working out mpg (32mpg vs. 26mpg in this case).

The first part isn't quite right either, all you need to do is - fill your tank to the brim, reset your trip milage, drive about until tank is empty, refill tank to the brim noting how many litres/gallons it takes to refill. Check how many miles you've done between refills.Then divide milage by gallons.

Sorted. :cool: