ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP4 Converter? Also S-Video?

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
What converter have you used and what's decent out there?

Going on holiday in couple weeks and gf's dad has a DVD collection that rivals Play.com lol. All real ofcourse...

I'd like to convert some to mp4 for putting on our ipod's for the flight and to watch on my laptop whilst we're there.

What's recommended? I've got BitComet to assist downloading.

Second question, my laptop has S-Video socket on it, is it possible to plug it into a telly in the US and it display properly? I'm unsure if it will be affected by the whole NTSC nonsense?

yes you just need a svideo cable but not sure if new usa sets rock svideo

if its a lcd tv your plugging into just use a vga cable from laptop to tv

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Thanks guys.

yes you just need a svideo cable but not sure if new usa sets rock svideo

if its a lcd tv your plugging into just use a vga cable from laptop to tv

I'm unsure til we get there, was going to get hold of a cable with s-video one end and red white + yellow other end, then take a scart adaptor i got with old xbox to suit, incase it only has scart. Should be sufficient?

programme called handbrake.

Available from HandBrake.fr? Is it freeware?

Would i need GUI or Command Line Interface?

id take a vga cable too it would be better quality anyway they dont have scart they have euro 21 or eia multiport (its the same thing ;) )

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
i'll do that then, nick one off the monitor at home lol.

Cheers. Anyone any answers to question about HandBrake?

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Thanks again, reason i asked is cause on the download link on the website, there was also a 'command line interface' listed under the Windows section.

Appreciate the help (Y)