ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP3 head unit question!!

Swift Sport
Hey guys, just fitted a Pioneer head unit in the 197 but was dissappionted to discover despite being ipod compatable it won't charge the damn thing!!! :mad:

Is this due to the head unit itself, or maybe the ipod lead??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

Ste

Civic Type-S GT
depends if the ipod connection is kicking out the required 5v, doubt it the lead cos if it can make a connection it should charge it aswell, more than likely is that the head unit doesnt kick out a voltage

Swift Sport
depends if the ipod connection is kicking out the required 5v, doubt it the lead cos if it can make a connection it should charge it aswell, more than likely is that the head unit doesnt kick out a voltage

I was told today that the head unit worked fine in my brothers car and charged the ipod!?

So I'm even more confused now lol!

Thanks for your help mate :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
What ipod is it ste? i dont think they charge the new new ones or the older ones.

Clio grande 1.2 2001
have a look in the head unit wireing dirgrame and maby there will be a wire say u charging of ipod