ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Movement in gear stick

Ph1 T
As title says sometimes get some vibration in the gear stick when coming down from high revs only noticed it over last month or so is there any bushes or anything that can cause this?

Ta

172 clio
The bushin that selects ur gears is prob worn badly replace it with a powerflex bush as far as I know this is commen on these cars dude

Cup In bits
Either the pivot ball inside the gearstick tower (white/cream plastic bit in the car) or the plastic bushes at the pivot under the car. Yanoo sells both separately. Stiff shift for in the tower and brass bush upgrade for the pivot.

I have a full fast road shifter iirc from yanoo, longer gearstick 30mm, stiff shift and harder pivot ball, quick shift pin, brass bushes. That's his biggestl kit that he does and replaces everything except the the linkage rod.

You have a quick shift pin by the sounds of it, the piece that's attached to the g/box.

182 FF, A6 Avant
I've got the gearshift ball housing and the brass pivots. I avoided the quick shift linkage as Yanoo said it may increase gearbox wear.