ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorprovider + Car supermarkets etc

Mondeo STTDCI

How do they work? Are they any good?

Basically they seem like they are uite cheap but how does the warranty work say with a Brand New Uk Renault Clio?

hi, im the only one i think so far who has bought from motorprovider (the best kept secret in the trade) ...everyone else prefers to buy from more expensive import places.. 1. firstly they are a broker not a supermarket, your car is order specially for you and is unregistered. 2. it will come hopefully on time (mine was 4 weeks late), with only a couple of miles on the clock. these seem to be better delivery dates than dealers offer!. 3, they are identical to dealer cars except for no alarm which is fitted by reno uk once they hit england (this has no effect whatsoever on insurance as they still have the immobiiser!!!). car crime is low in france so they dont need them. 4. they do competive finance 7-8% . 5. they give black book part ex price for your trade-in. 6. they sort out all the warrenty paperwork, which is the 3year one which you get from a dealer. 7. dealers have no problem doing warrenty work on cars they have not sold as they get paid regardless. 8.. You save a fortune!!!!!!! (they have new v6s 6k under list price) 9. Nuff Said!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 03 February 2004

hi, im the only one i think so far who has bought from motorprovider (the best kept secret in the trade) ...everyone else prefers to buy from more expensive import places.. 1. firstly they are a broker not a supermarket, your car is order specially for you and is unregistered. 2. it will come hopefully on time (mine was 4 weeks late), with only a couple of miles on the clock. these seem to be better delivery dates than dealers offer!. 3, they are identical to dealer cars except for no alarm which is fitted by reno uk once they hit england (this has no effect whatsoever on insurance as they still have the immobiiser!!!). car crime is low in france so they dont need them. 4. they do competive finance 7-8% . 5. they give black book part ex price for your trade-in. 6. they sort out all the warrenty paperwork, which is the 3year one which you get from a dealer. 7. dealers have no problem doing warrenty work on cars they have not sold as they get paid regardless. 8.. You save a fortune!!!!!!! (they have new v6s 6k under list price) 9. Nuff Said!!!

couple of things wrong with that.

7-8% apr is pathetic

the alarm WILL NOT be cat 1 like the uk spec ones so there IS a difference.

your resale will be affected and some dealers do get annoyed.

ok

Mondeo STTDCI

Couple of points then -

- Some dealers do get annoyed? For what reasons?

- I understand the alarm bit, but would I still be able to goto Renault and get one fitted for the £300 or whatever it is they charge?

- Why will resale be affected?

320d M Sport

so theyre not imports? sounds weird that they buy a car from Reno cheaper than you could??

Done quite a bit of home work today, and this is my conclusion:

Motorprovider = Import (parallel, but still import)

Motorlogix = UK Sourced Car (same as walking into a dealer)

If you look at both their sites and speak to their sales people, as I have done today, youll find this out for yourselves. Difference in prices tells the story!

Motorlogix are dearer than Motorprovider, but Motorlogix have told me today that even their internet site price is wrong! Only the first three cars were sold at £23795, if you want one now its going to be more like £25100 (his confirming price for me tomorrow).

Motorprovider havent got back to me yet (ive contacted them 3 times today) they always say "phone you back in 15 minutes". Sounds like they cant sell a vee for £21313 after all!

As I said in a previous thread, Billy Ball!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 03 February 2004

Ok so is it a bad thing to purchase from Motorprovider?
No, not at all. As long as you realise your buying a parallel import, not a UK car!

When it comes to re-sale, not always but sometimes, you wont get as much for your car had it been a UK supplied model.

Mondeo STTDCI

Ok and how does warranty work...?

If i drop in to my local Reno will they be like "Er...this car aint on our system...feck off" or what?

Fiesta TDCI

As soon as the car is a couple of years old I really dont think people care if it is imported or not, overall condition would be more important.

I still reckon that the initial savings far outweigh what you might lose at resale.

Lets put it this way, if you can get a new V6 for £21k, come resale time it wont be worth £6k-£7k less than a UK supplied car!

At the end of the day its each to their own, some people prefer the comfort of buying from a dealer, personally if the saving was that significant I would have import every time (my opinion only).

Mondeo STTDCI

I personally would take the import - if the warranty is easy!!! Reno are snotty enough at times.

Quote: Originally posted by Stokesey on 03 February 2004

Lets put it this way, if you can get a new V6 for £21k...
....well, its actually £21313, but even so if you can get one at this price.........

........ill still be showing my arse in Burtons window!!

Motorprovider still havent contacted me, what a greeaatt company, NOT!

Meg on pistonheads £6995

I bought my car (not a V6) from my local dealer, but not until I trawled the internet and bounced five dealers off each other (Ill pay a deposit today if you can beat .. Dealer by £100) to almost match the best supermarket/import price for a UK car.

I got within £150 of what probably would have been an import and saved £1200 on list on an £11K list car and then pushed hard on finance.

I paid £9800 in June 03 for a dCi 80 Dynamique with air and metallic (£10100 including 3.4% finance fees) for a car that would have been well over 12K off the street paying full list and with gap insurance, extra warranty and all that crap they add on!

If I can save £1200, a V6 from a dealer - £2.5K saving?

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 04 February 2004

steve-whats a parallel import?
Parallel import is a UK spec car that hasnt come into the country through the usual recognised route. i.e. its been imported but hasnt gone through, in this case Renaults, import agent!

Consequently it wont of had the full UK spec fitted (alarm, tracker if applicable, locking wheel nuts, window etching and entered onto the UK car security register) all of which happens at this point!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Lloyds TSB Car select are selling them for £23460 which is a UK car from a UK dealer as I have ordered a 182 from them and the service is very good!

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 04 February 2004

Lloyds TSB Car select are selling them for £23460 which is a UK car from a UK dealer as I have ordered a 182 from them and the service is very good!
Dave, this price is correct and after coming of the phone to them just now, theyve confirmed this is a UK car supplied from a UK dealer. But im still a little sceptical over ordering. Just to put me at ease, can you tell me, do you have any paperwork from them that states your car is deffinitley the same as one supplied from a dealer i.e. does have all the extras such as locking wheel nuts, alarm, window etching etc...

dk

911 GTS Cab

When I ordered the car, they gave me the details of the dealer and it is the Renault dealer for Coventry, and it is the dealer that delivers the car by transporter or trailor. There is no difference to walking into that delaer in coventry, only that you are paying LLoyds TSB for the car as they are using their volume discount with Renault to buy the car for you. You are the first registered keeper, there are no catches, I have checked all that out, trust me, I was also sceptical but there is nothing to worry about.

Its basically a UK car from a Renault Dealer at Import Pricing!

and yes, it does come through the import centre and has the alarm, locking wheel nuts, etching and mats.

HR]couple of things wrong with that.7-8% apr is pathetic<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">the alarm WILL NOT be cat 1 like the uk spec ones so there IS a difference.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">your resale will be affected and some dealers do get annoyed.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">ok[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

ok, round two, the alarm obviously will not be CAT 1,,, AS THERE IS NO ALARM!!!! (as stated), motor provider will fit a CAT 1 for 220 squid. My car has locking wheel nuts and mats and the boot net, not sure about etched windows.. 7-8% finance might be crap but it was better than I was offered at REG VARDYS, I saved nearly 3k from new.. in one years time are you telling me that there will be a 3k price gap between my car and dealer cars - I think not!!! .. On the warrenty front, if reg vardys will work on my car, ... anyone will!!!!!

Lastly will everyone take the rocks out of their heads, and realise that all renos are imports, built in the same factory on the same production line.. If you think window etching and AA road assistance is worth 3k, then surely you would be more suited to www.ferrarisport.net....

As the parrallei import route becomes more and more popular and also the block exemption on servicing finally finishes, watch all the dealers sh*t their pants!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 03 February 2004
Done quite a bit of home work today, and this is my conclusion:Motorprovider = Import (parallel, but still import)Motorlogix = UK Sourced Car (same as walking into a dealer)If you look at both their sites and speak to their sales people, as I have done today, youll find this out for yourselves. Difference in prices tells the story!

if you actually go to motorprovider at sheffield business centre, you will see no forecourt and no stock, no tv or radio advertising and no million pounds worth of stock sat there. They started off bulk buying to sell on to car supermarkets, so have a good discount deal with reno, so when they do sell to the public as they have just started they can sell you a motor at cost plus a small precent profit. as they have a big turnover they do ok out of it.. RENO DEALERS need millions of pounds profit to build up their infrastructure which has to come from inflated prices. So in conclusion the difference in price has nothing to do with buying an inferior car...

God, i should be on commission here for motorprovider...

yous are saying about window etching....cant you go get this done thru your insurance companies..I know I can cos Ive had my windscreen replaced and got mine done!

also about alarms...my clio doesnt have one...also doesnt have the flashy indicators when you blip the locking....should I be worried?

YOU can get window etching done for a tenner!!!!, .. about the indicators flashing, it depend on what sort of immobiliser/alarm you have, and how old, all new ones should flash, regardless of the alarm as its the immobiliser which triggers the lights...

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 04 February 2004

Done quite a bit of home work today, and this is my conclusion:

Motorprovider = Import (parallel, but still import)

Motorlogix = UK Sourced Car (same as walking into a dealer)

If you look at both their sites and speak to their sales people, as I have done today, youll find this out for yourselves. Difference in prices tells the story!

if you actually go to motorprovider at sheffield business centre, you will see no forecourt and no stock, no tv or radio advertising and no million pounds worth of stock sat there. They started off bulk buying to sell on to car supermarkets, so have a good discount deal with reno, so when they do sell to the public as they have just started they can sell you a motor at cost plus a small precent profit. as they have a big turnover they do ok out of it.. RENO DEALERS need millions of pounds profit to build up their infrastructure which has to come from inflated prices. So in conclusion the difference in price has nothing to do with buying an inferior car...

God, i should be on commission here for motorprovider...

This is all well and good Mr admob but there is one problem with motor provider..............

..........THEY DONT WANT TO DO BUSSINESS!!!!

Ive tried phoning them god knows how many times over the space of the last two days and all they say is "we will get back to you".

And guess what, they dont!

So it wouldnt matter how much I wanted to do bussiness with them, they dont with me, and as I previously stated, IMHO they cant sell the V6 mk2 at this price. Hence no one has got in contact with me.:mad:

My conclusion: Motorprovider = t**sers!

By the time youve added an alarm, window etching and 3 years AA cover your import doesnt look as attractive. Not to mention the stigma that still exists with imports. Go to a broker instead and get a UK car or challenge the dealer to get near a brokers price - like I did.

Mondeo STTDCI

I think thats the route I will take but now I think i will be very hard pushed to find what I want - a brand new cup.

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 04 February 2004

Only thing is with that you have to take finance.
No you dont, ive just odered mine and im financing it myself through Northern Rock!

Its against the law for them not to let you use other finance companies if you wish too.

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 04 February 2004
By the time youve added an alarm, window etching and 3 years AA cover your import doesnt look as attractive. Not to mention the stigma that still exists with imports. Go to a broker instead and get a UK car or challenge the dealer to get near a brokers price - like I did.

er.. let me work this out... CAT 1 alarm 220 + window etching 10 + AA cover is 40 pounds equals under 300 pound... I saved nearly 3 grand!!!! Yes your right .. its nearly the same...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 05 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 04 February 2004

Only thing is with that you have to take finance.
No you dont, ive just odered mine and im financing it myself through Northern Rock!

Its against the law for them not to let you use other finance companies if you wish too.
Steve, have you really just ordered through Lloyds! I have been telling people about them for ages now and nobody seemed interested, glad someone has seen the light and followed suit, maybe more people will see them as an alternative to importing! The seal of approval though will be once I actually get my 182 (which is supposed to be March 1st) but I guess that is down to Renault now!

Yep, last thing last night placed my order with Lloyds! And cancelled my one with my local dealer (they werent very happy!).

admob, your alarm wont be covered by the Renault warranty! The window etch is not just a matter of bunging a number on the window, the unique number is issued at the import centre and registers the car onto a security register, this information stays with the car for life!

The AA cover is for three years and covers you for home start and european break down, i think youll find this is a little more than £40.

And as D-CUP suggests there is still a stigma about a parallel import car when you come to selling it on.

All the above, i speak from experiance, as i have owned a Mk1 172 which was a parallel import, at the time the saving was terriffic, but now a days i think the gap between import and UK supplied is alot closer.

But I do appreciate its horses for courses and if you chose an import over a UK supplied car thats your choice, but IMHO and experiance, your not getting as good deal as it looks on the face of it!

dk

911 GTS Cab

as a matter of interest, how much were you buying it form the dealer for Steve? Did you save any from Lloyds over what you were already paying?

Mars Red Clio V6 255

do you have to take finance or can you pay by cash with Llyods?

and steve, did motorlogix get back to you or their price for the v6,

i have to sell my z3m soon as new flat is taking up far to much money, so have to downgrade in price so £23k sounds perfect for me.

Dealer price: £26000

Lloyds price: £23460

Saving: £2540 from dealer price. £3540 saving from list price.

You can pay cash with Lloyds, yes. You dont have to have any finance.

Motorlogix price: £25000 but someone else reckons they were quoted £24500?? So im not sure, but when I told him the Lloyds price he said he couldnt beat it!

Motorprovider havent got back to me yet (ive contacted them 3 times today) they always say "phone you back in 15 minutes". Sounds like they cant sell a vee for £21313 after all
I had the same problem, the **** dont ring you back, Oh how it reminds me of the Ford dealers!...

Anyway I have bought one from Motorpoint, I 1st class service and I am getting the little beast tomorrow!... Cant wait.