ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motofix Cirencester Worse paint job ever!!

Clio 172 Monaco
So i took my Monaco 172 to Motofix Cirencester an approved repair center, i thought while my bumper being sprayed due to somebody hiting me i needed my bonnet doing. Which i had to pay £140 + Vat for the bonnet
I picked it up some days after it being in the body shop the spray was great colour match but i was left with what looked like Parcel tape across my car :dapprove: i thought nothing of it tbh as i thought it will just wash off!
It went in to Midlands Car Care with Russ and it wasnt until Russ had cleaned my car and polished it that we could all see the mistakes done by Motofix.
My bonnet had drip marks in that they had tryied to sand down and then left scraches under the lacquer :( So Russ couldnt get these out due to them! then i had scarches on both wings from there prep work sanding the bonnet we think.

The worse part.... I have what looks to be parcel tape glue left all down my 1 side of my car and on the roof! :(:nono:

Spoken to Motofix and they are trying to do me over as im a girl :nono: they are going to try and polish it out them selfs. But if a professional car detailer cant get them out i dont know what hope they think they have!
So i get to go without a car for a week or 2 and i get to payout again to have it redetailed again. :dapprove:

If its still not right secound time round what are my options as the work was done on a insurance claim.

Sorry story so long too :)

Have you signed off on the work for the insurance company? And you might want to stick some pictures up for gally to look at :) he seems to be the resident genius when it comes to paintwork

Clio 172 Monaco
No i haven't i have also informed my insurance and they said if they do not correct the work they will take it another body shop. I will try and get some pics but the paint drips can only be seen in the sun and the tape marks too. :/ The insuance will only see to the tape marks they wont see to the bonnet paint or the damage to my wings as i took that out as extra.

Have you signed off on the work for the insurance company? And you might want to stick some pictures up for gally to look at :) he seems to be the resident genius when it comes to paintwork

Yeah ignore the double post, if you haven't signed off on the work the insurance have to sort it and any damage (wings) done during the 'repair' but you would have to take out a case against motofix yourself for the bonnet as you have paid for it :) hope this helps

Clio 172 Monaco
I already know that but their just trying to screw me over :( telling me the drips in the paint will polish out the scraches will polish out and the tape but ive already had Midlands car care try. The drips are under the lacquer and the tape has taken my lacquer off and soaked in to the soft coating if this make sence LOL! Ooh and my bonnet already chipping to the point you can see its original red :( i know my insurance will sort the tape marks down my car if needed. But if they refuse to paint my wings and bonnet what can i do?

Clio 172 Monaco
I know :( Russ did a FAB job on my car :clap:was just let down by poor paint job! :banghead:

172 Cup
If you end up getting the stuff redone, ask if you can take it to a place of your choice.

I really do recommend Si from spray shack on here, he is probably an hours drive from chelt. I had my wheels refurbed, front & rear bumpers, bonnet, mirror caps, bullets, interior bits all resprayed & he also blended my front wings.

Clio 172 Monaco
cheers! i will do :) i know of a body shop renault used to use too who did my back bumper before and my r/o quarter panel and he did really well on that. Was also cheap at £80 a panel was spot on just hopeing motofix dont damage it even more! :hail:

Is there anything i can do other than what im doing already to help my case? just dont want to have paid £180 for a bonnet and its looks s**t and they damaged both my wings so dont want have pay out again! :mad: plus pay for my wings to be put right...

Dodgy one
The 'tape' is from the sheeting being thrown over your car and its been wet underneath, once it goes on bake it cooks itself and marks the laquer, quick nib with some w&d and a run over with a buffer sorts it out.

Clio 172 Monaco
Well midlands car care couldn't get it out so we will see ehh? I don't hold much hope ;-(

Clio sport 182
You can refuse the work, they should have given you a warranty with the work if they are a approved body shop.
Go back or send an email or letter saying after the work carried out left your vehicle in poor repair and damaged laquer, and say that if action isnt taken to rectify or improve whats happened then you will be reporting them to the ombudsman, also you can contact a solicitor and get 15 minutes free time with them to ask there advice and add this in the letter. Maybe also adding a draft of a letter to the ombudsman.

I may well just be completely blind here but I can't see any "tape" marks in any of those pics on DW?

Clio sport 182
Just seen the pictures and the blend work, well thats not even a blend they have painted right upto the friggin masking tape!!!
thats foooooking shocking

Clio 172 Monaco
Scroll down past the 182 artic blue pics and it's the first 4 pics of the Monaco you can see the tape marks and yeah Russ said their blending was awful! :-( its booked in wednesday with motofix for them to fix it again! :-(

Scroll down past the 182 artic blue pics and it's the first 4 pics of the Monaco you can see the tape marks and yeah Russ said their blending was awful! :-( its booked in wednesday with motofix for them to fix it again! :-(

Just seen them now, it's not tape residue. It's exactly as Rich said earlier, it's been sheeted up whilst still slightly wet, then baked and the poly sheet has marked the lacquer. It will come off with a fairly aggressive compound like G3.

Just seen the pictures and the blend work, well thats not even a blend they have painted right upto the friggin masking tape!!!
thats foooooking shocking

I think you're getting confused with the detailer's 50/50 shots.

Clio 172 Monaco
Have had my bonnet re sprayed for 2nd time! After the mess they left the 1st time. I had to go to their head office to complain about it to have anything done! :-( And the tape marks have been removed but they have scratched the hell out of my car. They are now paying out for a full re detail by midlands car care Russ has been a great help! Hopefully he can now sort my car paint work after all there cowboys have wrecked it :-(

Clio 172 Monaco
No further cost to me but I washed it last weekend with a good snow foam and noticed they missed a spot where they didn't tape up correctly :-( and also they got monaco paint on my front original splitter :-( so going to have a look at some plastic restore stuff :-/ or I will just get it carbon wrapped :) but car all booked in again with Russ on 7th October so should look tidy once again :-D

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Monaco
A little update on the rubbish garage!! Motofix burnt my paint on the o/s quarter panel trying to polish out the tape marks they said would come out.
I had to go mad at my insurance who were dealing with them, I also noticed a scrach on my drivers door that was never there :/
I have taken my car to have its paint depth readings and they were really low. So now my car is booked in for a full side respray by Spray Station at no cost to me all paid by the Insurance/Motofix will post pics up once done :approve: ooh and its detail by Midlands Car Care.

Clio 172 Monaco
Well I would say Spray Station is fantastic for paint and so helpful! Or Spray Shack will post pics up of the work spray station do for me :) I can't wait to see it once its finished. What bits you looking at for getting painted? :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Got my car back today from Spray Station and from Midlands Car Care. Spray Station did a full respray on side of my car and then Russ did a full detail here are some pics :clap:

a couple of before...
photo27_zpsed9e9b8e.jpg

tape_zps8e402b58.jpg

photo28_zps9b602c25.jpg

Tape marks on the car and over spray on the front splitter, & a mark from when they tried polishing the tape marks out the mark looks like a line in the road but its not :banghead: Its from there rubbish polishing skills! so it needed a respray to remove the mark...

Clio 172 Monaco
Now for some finished pics :clap:

cliopaint_zps3730f9e0.jpg

Fresh new paint! :p

Beforeitsdetailafterspraystation_zpsa99e59b6.jpg

Dry and ready to detail :cool:
photo33_zps1feb464b.jpg

Detailed by Russ he put Zaino Europe Z2 & Swissvax UK Shield
restore_zps6a447975.jpg

Spray Station sprayed some of my plastics black again due to being very faded :rasp:
wipersrestored_zpsec7a736f.jpg

ALL sorted now a big BIG thanks to Midlands Car Care & Spray Station!! you guys are great!! well worth anybody money...