ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT'd Today

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Well today was my 182's first ever MOT. She will be 3 next week but I put her in a week early incase any warranty fixes were required.

Needless to say she sailed through the MOT........I wonder if it will go aswell in November 2009!

On the subject of early MOTs...

It is no longer the case that you can MOT "early" and give yourself a few weeks to get the car sorted. As soon as it fails an MOT, any current MOT becomes invalid. Without an MOT you are breaking the law (unless travelling to or from a booked MOT test) and invalidate your insurance.

VERY annoying - but it does make sense (ie. the car is no longer road worthy).

I did this very thing to my previous car, with the intention of using the remaining few weeks of MOT to fix anything that needed doing. But when it failed I was actually completely screwed for transport!

PS: Congrats on passing!

dan9 - you sure!?! That's harsh!

Yep - fairly confident (although happy to be proved wrong by someone)! A fail is a fail - probably a good reason to leave it as late as possible!

The main advantage of testing up to a month early is that the new certificate will run for up to 13 months.

[I now realise that this mini-moan has very little to do with the original post about a 3 year old clio!]

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, don't worry, even the original post didn't seem to actually have a lot of relevance...

I've always MOT'd early to make sure I can put things right before the MOT actually expires. Will have to ask my friendly MOT tester if he'll still allow this time...