ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT pass ball joint leaking slightly tho :-(

05 IO 182 cup
ello ello

had the MOT today and the car flew through it, tester noticed that offside balljoint was leaking slightly - not a biggie but obviously needs sorting soon.

would anyone advise getting both sides done at the same time ?? i have heard that in order to get a balljoint i will have to buy a whole arm as it is one unit (60 squid from renault IIRC)

will be giving the boys at birchdown a call to get a quote on getting both arms replaced

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
u can get the ball joint from halfords alot cheaper than the arm and ball joint together.

i wouldnt bother 2 be honest, just leave it until the ball joint wears out

05 IO 182 cup
oh right i read a post stating that you have to purchase a whole arm in order to get a renault ball joint - there are off the peg ball joints available but people prefer to get a standard renault part. i have just emailed the kevs at Birchdown services for some advice and a quote for fitting the parts - due to Birchdown being an hour away i decided to get some lowering springs as well lol