ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT failure...

• Thread starter Paul Common 666
  • Start date

P

Paul Common 666

Failed on N/S bottom ball joint :(
I just phoned my local dealer and they told me I have to buy the complete arm?! Is this right? looks to me that the ball joint is secured on by two bolts and a pinch bolt?

Tried local motor factors and they dont even list the ball joint or arm :S

Its 172ff btw!

P

Paul Common 666

The robbing b******s!! :mad: lol!
Thanks for that mate :)
Another Renault money making swindle!

www.renparts.co.uk
pretty much, edde says he thought one from a scenic fitted but couldn't confirm it. Some motorfactors list the joint, but they give you the non RS one and the hole spacing is wrong. think the arm with joint is only about 45 quid.

P

Paul Common 666

pretty much, edde says he thought one from a scenic fitted but couldn't confirm it. Some motorfactors list the joint, but they give you the non RS one and the hole spacing is wrong. think the arm with joint is only about 45 quid.

£61.82 from Walker Renault for the arm I got, think I'll havr to phone around some other dealers!

P

Paul Common 666

say your ordering for a business (make up a name) and you should get 10% at least.

Thats no problem, I work in the trade anyway so if they wanna be c**ts about it like they were last time, I'll just take the trade card down again!

Its the concept that annoys me! The whole arm for a bit that blatantly just un bolts!

The robbing b******s!! :mad: lol!
Thanks for that mate :)
Another Renault money making swindle!
Hows it a con its good practice . There is another part which does fit etc but just do the job right IMO. Its only cheap.
say your ordering for a business (make up a name) and you should get 10% at least.

Thats no problem, I work in the trade anyway so if they wanna be c**ts about it like they were last time, I'll just take the trade card down again!

Its the concept that annoys me! The whole arm for a bit that blatantly just un bolts!

Yep its good practice though

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Failed on N/S bottom ball joint :(
I just phoned my local dealer and they told me I have to buy the complete arm?! Is this right? looks to me that the ball joint is secured on by two bolts and a pinch bolt?

Tried local motor factors and they dont even list the ball joint or arm :S

Its 172ff btw!

I've got a 172ff as well. Had my bottom n/s ball joint replaced at a local independent garage for £50. They just replaced the joint so its definately possible to get it without the whole arm.

172 cup'd extreme
You can get the ball joint seperate, the one i got was made by a company called "moog" who make pattern parts. It lasted all of 3 months. It cost £13. The new arm from renault was £44 and has been on for a year now with no problems.