ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Failure.. Help pleaaase!

Clio 172 Cup
photo.jpg

Can anyone explain better than the (possibly) clueless tester why the load sensor attributed to an MOT failure.
Other reason for failure are not a problem as they have already been sorted (CV joint, Handbrake cable etc...)

The tester said that a spring was missing for the sensor but according to the search button and google, a working sensor isnt needed because the load brake setting is pre-determined...or have i got this mixed up somewhere?

I showed the tester Matters of Testing Issue 31 and tried to explain because he didnt even bother to read it but he still insisted that the spring was missing and because the spring was missing someone had made an attempt at replacing it...which is why it was marked down.

Actual note reads:
BRAKE LOAD SENSING VALVE OBVIOUSLY INCORRECTLY ADJUSTED [3.6.E.3]

I can only assume this one is also connected somehow..

NEARSIDE REAR PARKING BRAKE RECORDING LITTLE OR NO EFFORT [3.7.A.7a]

A few questions of my own.

1.Is the tester wrong or do i need a spring?

2.Should there be anything at all attached to the part? including that little metal clip thingymajiggy.

3.Should that little clip be removed, will there be any effect to the braking?

I now have 14 days to find a solution before the current MOT runs out.

Thanks in advance :)

Cam.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Tbh it should be on the screen or print out about it so the tester should know about it ???

I will check next week when back at work, I have not mot'd a cup as of yet

Arctic Blue FF 182
Saved the link. (On a side note has anyone ever realised the sport has a towbar on in that release paper. Quite amusing considering its illegal on an RS)

2003 Cup 172
has anyone got an actual copy of the VOSA document? I had this problem with an MOT last weekend, came on here, found the document (only viewed it, didn't download it) and now i've come to print it out to take to the MOT testers, the link isn't working.

Cheers

LY 182
That won't have anything to do with the parking brake though.. Must have a problem if that's recording no effort. Parking brake is the handbrake, so cable operated and not effected by the load valve