ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot failure air bag fault :(

clio mk2 05 plate
hello guys this is my first post but have been reading on here ever since the clio failed its mot..

have been reading up and trying everything to get it sorted.. I have done everything I possibly can now n was just wondering if anyone in Bristol had the stuff
to clear/reset the memory on it?..

sorry for my first post to be asking for help :/..

but it is appreciated :)..

FF Clio 182
Why Is the fault on? Has it previously been in an accident or is it on just due to the crap wiring under the drivers seat ?

clio mk2 05 plate
seems to be just crap wiring.. at first there was 8 faults showing up I removed the connectors and then they were cleared and the it was only showing one.. drivers seat bolster airbag disturbed, so I have done the resistor fix on that.. but still coming up on the dash.. so whats next?

Ph 1 172
Dash off cover led bulb with black electrical tape ...no more light. That's what I would do to get it through the mot. That's assuming you have fiddled with all the wires under the seats?

FF Clio 182
Dash off cover led bulb with black electrical tape ...no more light. That's what I would do to get it through the mot. That's assuming you have fiddled with all the wires under the seats?

Doesn't work anymore new MOT regulation require the light to come on on ignition then go off again after.

FF Clio 182
seems to be just crap wiring.. at first there was 8 faults showing up I removed the connectors and then they were cleared and the it was only showing one.. drivers seat bolster airbag disturbed, so I have done the resistor fix on that.. but still coming up on the dash.. so whats next?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes to try and clear the code (long shot) or having it plugged in and cleared ?

clio mk2 05 plate
someone has just tried plugging it in but there machine was saying it had an error clearing so was hopeing someone on here may have a machine that would do it.. or im liking the idea of the oil pressure light..

FF Clio 182
someone has just tried plugging it in but there machine was saying it had an error clearing so was hopeing someone on here may have a machine that would do it.. or im liking the idea of the oil pressure light..

Could always try getting hold of someone with CLIP and having them plug it in that way

Clio 172
If it comes on and stays on its an MOT fail. If the airbag light doesn't come on its an advisory. Take the bulb out take it back and if he fails it tell him to check the computer as rally cars don't have airbags but a standard version of the car would have. That's why they brought in the rule of having no light being an advisory and not a fail

BMW 1 SERIES
I have clip and can re configure the airbag ecu for £55.

anyone do this over the weekend for me in and around herts HP4, happy to travel to london, herts beds bucks etc ?!?! mot runs out today and that is the only thing left to fix!!!!!!

tom