ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT failed lambda emissions too high even with new sensor!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I would get any leak sorted as best you can, do you have a print out of the emissions failure info? As the exact part it failed in will tell you what part you need to address. :smile:

Sitting at idle revving the engine won't get the engine hot enough, it needs a good hard drive, maybe even add in some redex, it's old school and often joked about, but can work well especially come MOT time. For peace of mind, if you can afford it, just replace the front lambda if you think it's faulty but again, the test results will give a clearer indication of what you need to change etc for the retest.
That's exactly what I do . In fact did this morning . Half a bottle of redex into half a tank and took my car for a 30 min hard drive to make sure it was up to temp. Whether the redex actually works or not I don't know, but definitely make sure the engine is up to temp . Mine passed :smile: