ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Fail - Mid & Rear 182 Exhaust

Liquid yellow 182
The 182 has just failed it's MOT for major leak on Mid & Rear sections of the exhaust.

Need to get it replaced ASAP!

Anyone know the cost of a standard 182 exhaust (cat back)?

Has anyone removed their standard exhaust and want to shift it?

Cheers guys

Amy

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
be cheaper to get an aftermarket one than go to renault

Liquid yellow 182
Seen a few in the for sale section for about £100. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for quick replies!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Theres a 182 exhaust system at my house in durham Cat back, its been cut when it was removed could be repaired though.

No idea where you are from though.

Liquid yellow 182
Swindon... A bit far.

Is the CAT in the mid section?

Will I have a problem if I buy a 2nd hand mid-section?

Personally I'd buy a new aftermarket SS one. You might get a secondhand standard one cheaper but it might not last very long as Renault exhausts are s**t and fall apart.

Liquid yellow 182
Yep... prob going to see if we can get a Scorpion RS192 on Tuesday.

If not something KTEC have in stock... need to get it delivered and fitted ASAP.

RS192 looks best as it seems quiet, and i haven't found any complaints about quality on the forums.

Backup plan is to get Yozzasport to sort me out with a standard exhaust if they have any old parts hanging around. They've been very helpful over bank holiday weekend!

Insurance was fine with aftermarket too :D

Rusty Cup
The 182 has just failed it's MOT for major leak on Mid & Rear sections of the exhaust.

Ive just had basically the same thing happen !! although my exhaust is custom built (well turns out custom half built) gettin the holes/gaps welded today but my car also failed mot coz its too loud !! im hoping it will be quieter without the big holes in, otherwise the old exhaust goes back on !! serious ball ache.

Any one aware of the implications of a car not being mot'd in time? not that i have much choice now lol.

Soz for the thread jacking :p

Liquid yellow 182
Presumably no insurance because car isn't road legal.

Have seen a thread on pistonheads where someone got 3 points/£60 for no MOT and they didn't mention insurance... but if you had a bump and a claim you know the insurance co would wriggle.

Can't renew tax either.

Rusty Cup
Hmmm the saga continues, may tax came thru :p i was a little concerned as it suggested online that no mot may complicate this process. Having my exhaust welded today!!! now all i need is it to fly thru an mot over the weekend.

How about yourself Amy any luck with the exhaust?

Renault Sport Clio 172
When I had my 182 I had the same M O T fail! I took mine to Prospeed in cardiff and they gave me a stainless steel cat-back system exactly the same looking as the standard 182 cat back but better gas flow and improved performance for £305 with fitting! The standard exhausts rust to quick!