ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
An awesome colour and car but in standard form the 200 is a little lacking in urgency 😧

I haven't driven one, standard or modified, will have to try and find one to check out, I love the colour, if I ever had the money would love paint the cup in it :smile: especially as it's a Renault colour and the cup has already been messed with. Bet yours is great fun, what power is it running? Been out in some boosted 1*2's but like the idea of the 200 chassis with more power

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
As a standard car (you had the ag) out of the two, 200 and the megane which one would you keep?

It would be a tough choice but I think it would be the 200 as its a rare colour and better looking.

I bloody miss that car, it's a proper credit to you just how far it's come @mossyv6

Thanks buddy, is was blooming great when you had it, I just put my stamp on it ;)

I haven't driven one, standard or modified, will have to try and find one to check out, I love the colour, if I ever had the money would love paint the cup in it :smile: especially as it's a Renault colour and the cup has already been messed with. Bet yours is great fun, what power is it running? Been out in some boosted 1*2's but like the idea of the 200 chassis with more power

Thanks mate. It's running 289/291 and the power delivery is crazy and the r26 gearbox dies a great job getting the power down.

So much darn love for that Storm

Thanks mate :)

Ex 182 owner
That is a very difficult question - I would be split between the Clio V6 and R5GTTurbo to be honest as I have had the vee for 12 years now and been rebuilding the GT for the past 4 years.
well you know where to park the trophy when you do :persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::car:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Shall be getting those seat covers, look great!

They're really good buddy and as said just ordered another pair for the Trophy.

well you know where to park the trophy when you do :persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::car:

Lol, I certainly do :) I bet you're getting itchy feet with yours?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
R26

Rear brakes

Been having a few issues with the handbrake sticking on over the winter so thought I would investigate:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And found the issue:
image.jpeg

So got a pair of replacements:
image.jpeg

Gave them a lick of red paint:
image.jpeg

Calipers fitted, new Brembo pads, rattle clips and gave the disc hubs and spacers a coating of black satin spray:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Discs looked really clean with no lip so cleaned them up and left them.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
182 Trophy

Bought another set of custom fit seat covers for the Trophy Recaro Trendlines :smile: great fit and great embroidery work :smile: only took 3 weeks from Thailand.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Great stuff, will have to have a look at that magazine when in the shops :up:

Re. the seat covers, did you get them on eBay? I only ask as a few years back I purchased some 'tailor fitting' seat covers for the red Recaro seats in my old 30th anniversary EP3 Type-R, i'm sure they had a Type-R logo - anyway, took a punt and again, just like yours, they fitted sooo well, was very impressed. I'm wondering if it's the same people!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
link..? :wink:

Great stuff, will have to have a look at that magazine when in the shops :up:

Re. the seat covers, did you get them on eBay? I only ask as a few years back I purchased some 'tailor fitting' seat covers for the red Recaro seats in my old 30th anniversary EP3 Type-R, i'm sure they had a Type-R logo - anyway, took a punt and again, just like yours, they fitted sooo well, was very impressed. I'm wondering if it's the same people!

Thanks, yes they're from eBay - a company from Thailand doing them.
Chris I will find the link for you mate.

Edit: here you go Chris: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERSONAL...287977?hash=item43f1029869:g:JhcAAOSwEEBaAcsu

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Megane R26

After doing the rear brakes it was time to tackle the fronts as a little low.
New parts bought. Genuine brand new discs courtesy of @Matt e brembo pads, new fitting kit:
image.jpeg

Time to start removing - the pins can be nightmare to remove but I was lucky and they dropped out on both calipers :smile:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All removed:
image.jpeg

New discs fitted:
image.jpeg

Calipers given a lick of paint;
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Replacement Brembo decals to go on:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Storm 200

Centre console replacement - finally changed the tatty centre console in the 200 - didn't take too long but swapping ciggy lighter was a bit of a mare :(

Old:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Old v's New
image.jpeg

And fitted :)
image.jpeg

Meggy R26

Tidied up my speaker cables as spotted these on eBay so I could keep the original wiring plugs:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also fitted a cheeky dump valve. Took me about 2 hours just to get the bottom bolt of the recirculating valve but got there in the end. Took it for a spin and sounds lovely - not to loud or chavvy.
image.jpeg

Nicely done with the centre console on the Storm, yet again, its the small details that count!

How trim generally, but especially in places like that, get so battered to need replacing is beyond me

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Cars are looking great as always.

Might be worth trying a hot air gun on the old console. @mossyv6
Apparently if you heat the plastic gently with a hot air gun it restores the grain in the plastic? I personally have never done it but a trimmer who used to be near me before I moved tried it and it did work.
Might save you a few quid in plastics if it works??

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Nicely done with the centre console on the Storm, yet again, its the small details that count!

How trim generally, but especially in places like that, get so battered to need replacing is beyond me

Yes all the small details really do add up and satisfies my ocd;)

Cars are looking great as always.

Might be worth trying a hot air gun on the old console. @mossyv6
Apparently if you heat the plastic gently with a hot air gun it restores the grain in the plastic? I personally have never done it but a trimmer who used to be near me before I moved tried it and it did work.
Might save you a few quid in plastics if it works??

Centre console is already gone to the tip, lol. But yes hot gun work well on small marks. Did the glove box lid on my last RB 182 as it had a few light scratches and came up lovely.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Meggy R26

Mot time - already did the brakes and after a quick check over the only other thing I could spot was a broken middle exhaust mount:
Old:
image.jpeg

Old v's new
image.jpeg

And fitted:
image.jpeg

And 13 months MOT with no advisories :)
image.jpeg

This also came in while I was there - sounded flipping awesome:
image.jpeg

Not sure what it is?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Looks like a Lancia Stratos to me. Although there are quite a few fakes about.

Good work as usual!

RB Clio 182
Lol, keeping this for a while due to new family member on its way. Possibly thinking of selling the Storm though but we will see.
Let me know how much you want for the storm if you do mate please.

It might be a none tyre kicking sale for the right price :wink:

Ex 182 owner
Can you two distract him will I borrow my old T back..

There should be a sticky in the sale section that says don’t sell your car to mossy.. he will only make it better infornt of you and make you regret selling it even more.

They are all looking mint as ever paul.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Let me know how much you want for the storm if you do mate please.

It might be a none tyre kicking sale for the right price :wink:

Thanks mate but not sure yet as I love it to bits but it's simply sat here (but not quite as bad as the vee or 5 gt).

Don't listen to him Paul, when he came to mine he kicked his own tyres! Message me first pal [emoji106][emoji16]

Lol :) see how it goes buddy.

Can you two distract him will I borrow my old T back..

There should be a sticky in the sale section that says don’t sell your car to mossy.. he will only make it better infornt of you and make you regret selling it even more.

They are all looking mint as ever paul.

Thanks Chris but the Trophy is staying put!! If it wasn't number 120 I might be tempted ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's a great result with the MOT, nice card too :smile:

Got to be 6 figures hasn't it, maybe starting with a 2?

Thanks mate and yes wow I knew it was nice because everyone was looking at it was leaving, just when i got there.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
OMG that 5 needs finishing pal, and if you don't want it just sat then I'll happily exercise it through the summer months for you. I'll even do it for free!