ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Also picked up a copy of this months Performance French Car and spotted this topic:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And a picture of me and Oliver (on my shoulders).
image.jpeg

An awesome weekend. Thanks to @SharkyUK @Tim.

Previous owner contacted me saying they had been after this particular car and contacted me asking if I would be interested :smile:

This is very awesome, was going to say how did that come about but then read the above!

Friend of mine had a Nurburgring Astra when it was quite new, cool car too and the Remus exhaust sounded great!!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Wow, famous already!

Check out that lovely Saab in the background :wink:

Saab was the editors of the magazine and got a bit ribbed for it, lol.

Was gonna send you a pic but thought nah, he must be subscribed... Get subbed, it's only twenty squids.

Quite a good read tbh matey:wink: some good articles in it :smile:

This is very awesome, was going to say how did that come about but then read the above!

Friend of mine had a Nurburgring Astra when it was quite new, cool car too and the Remus exhaust sounded great!!

Yes this had a standard Remus on it and sounded awesome - popping and banging at high rev gear changes :smile:

Thank goodness he gets his look from mum, eh? :wink: :smile: Hahahaha!

Ohhhh so true matey :wink:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A few small updates.

Trophy 182

Cooksport springs removed and sold on and red eibachs fitted. Cooksport were nice and low but a little crashy with the Sachs. Eibachs are absolutely awesome. Also had a quick wash:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Storm 200

An old update (Nov 2017) but a worthy update. Front bumper removed and stone chipped black plastic stripped and repainted:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

R26

Replacement door switch console fitted. Old one scratched and marked. Replacement door card fitted (ciggie burns). Replacement rear lower bench fitted (ciggie burns). New wiring loom fitted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Great updates once again all round but the trophy really does look awesome Paul! :up:

Well done using it in this weather too, mine's now been tucked away and locked in the garage since mid November, really should get it out lol

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
If you were only allowed to keep one of your cars, which would it be mate?

That is a very difficult question - I would be split between the Clio V6 and R5GTTurbo to be honest as I have had the vee for 12 years now and been rebuilding the GT for the past 4 years.

RB Clio 182
That is a very difficult question - I would be split between the Clio V6 and R5GTTurbo to be honest as I have had the vee for 12 years now and been rebuilding the GT for the past 4 years.
You could build the r5 a lot quicker with the money you would get for the vee mate haha.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
How did you remove it Paul?
And have you got a part no. The meg stick I've got for my 197 is torn.

Tried twisting it off but no joy 😧 so out came the big grips and just grabbed, twisted and pulled.
I will have to get back to you on the part number.

Edit: part number is 8200276415

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Thanks again, I'll just try and swap my 197 one over then, once I get all the meg gear fitted. Does your storm run lsd?

Yes, I'm curious to know this too, I presume it's using the R26 transmission w/ differential included?

It's a R26 Megane gearbox ( rebuilt 5k ago due to snapped selector rod) with Helix paddle clutch and Helix solid and lightened flywheel.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
R26

New door handle fitted - old end cap cracking - a very very common issue. New complete handle kit fitted.
Old:
image.jpeg

New:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

New front speakers fitted.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Replacement auto dim rear view fitted - old one de-laminating so needed changing so went for an upgrade :)
Old:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

New:
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Bloody love that the storm Paul.

Whats the story getting that again?

Thanks matey - previous owner still on here (thanks to @charltjr) and contacted me when he was thinking of selling it - the fact it was a rare storm and already had the r26 engine transplant was a no brainer :)

That storm does look great, I could definitely be tempted by one in the future :up:

An awesome colour and car but in standard form the 200 is a little lacking in urgency :(

Its another car (200) i would like.

How does it compare to the Megane?

Quite different to be honest. The 200 is an animal with immense power where as the meggy is a more refined balanced FAMILY (lol) drive.

Have you got a link to the seat covers ? they look great !

They are really good mate - cost me £57 delivered (for the pair) and took 3 weeks to get here. I contacted them asking them if they could put Recaro on for me and sent a couple of photos of the script and was no issues at all and had great communication with them.
Ps: I have just bought another set for the Trophy :)
Here is the link mate:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERSONAL...287977?hash=item43f1029869:g:JhcAAOSwEEBaAcsu