ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morrette quad headlamp conversoin

How much is the Morrette quad lamp conversion unit on a Clio RSi and where can I buy them from? Are they easy to fit?

£289.48 from Demon Tweeks.

I think they take out the indicators so you have to put some somewhere else.

If i get rid of the front indicator i assume that my car will A) fail an mot B) be illegal. Is there any way around this?

what he means is the oe indicators get removed, then a different smaller type of indecator is fitted on the bumper below where the oe were

Ive just been told that the quad headlamp conversion is not available for the phase 3 RSi! Ive heard that I would also have to buy a phase 1/2 bonnet in order for them to fit properly as well! Is this the case or is this a load of rubbish.

BMW 320d Sport

Morettes wont fit the phase 3 headlights unless you remodel the front end. I should imagine its a little more than just changing the bonnet over. Probably the wings, bumper and the mounting points behind!

Thanks for that guys and gals! However, I dont think Im gonna bother now. Sounds like theres too much effort and work involved! I would have much preferred a straight replacement unit instead of having to mod the front end entirely!

Bumper will be fine, just bonnet and maybe wings. (why not get valver wings and bonnet?)

Personally though I think the wings look the same on phase 2 and 3s

Show off! Im guessing that youve had one of the front spots converted to an indicator...? Looking at that photo makes me think that the wings ARENT the same.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Ok guys the indicators are in the outer fog lamps. I converted em myself !!

The wings are different to yours, but that does not matter. Due to the way they meet at the bumper and bonnet, they will fit no problems. I have seen these lights fitted to a bog standard 98 1.2. So i know they fit on no problems !! Oh and they are a piece of piss to fit. !!

Just makes the car look so different !! Also you can get rears as well as seen here !! http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1060022384__000_0049.jpg

If i were to go ahead and have these quads fitted, and i fitted a 16v bonnet, what would be the effects to my engine? By this i mean would any water get into the engine, or would it struggle to start in the cold whether due to the vent on the bonnet. Ive heard the 16v has a water catcher under the bonnet. Would i be able to fit one on my Rsi?

So I would have to change to a phase 1/2 bonnet but I wouldnt have to change my wings??? How much would I be looking at for a phase 1/2 bonnet (brand new or 2nd hand)?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Brand new bonnett is about £110 the vent , nor the water catcher does not come with it if you want a valver style bonnet. So they would be extra then youve got your paint and fitting !!!

Good luck !!

They are a cool mod and every tom, dick and harry aint got em either !!