ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morgan Factory Tour - Malvern

Corolla T-Sport
Thought I'd share the pictures from my trip up to the Morgan factory in Malvern.
I drove up this morning and found some nice windy B roads on route to have a play on, got to the place at 1 o'clock for a guided tour. Prices were reasonable considering the tour lasted 2 hours. Some properly wicked cars in production, although a Morgan wouldn't ever be a car I would desire it was fascinating seeing the process of these cars being built. To me they seem like professionally made kit cars. Anyway here are some pictures I took at various points in the day. Worth the trip.
DSC_3686.jpg
DSC_3687.jpg
DSC_3688.jpg
DSC_3693.jpg
DSC_3700.jpg
DSC_3705.jpg
DSC_3706.jpg
DSC_3710.jpg
DSC_3716.jpg
DSC_3717.jpg

Cup In bits
With my name being Morgan I have always said I will have one of these and hope to at some point in later life.

There are two very fast classic V8 Morgan's that compete in the Scottish Sports & Saloons at Knockhill. They're lapping around 57s, to put that into perspective, there are modified Leon supercopas, 450bhp Scoobys and even Caterham 400's lapping at similar times. The wooden chassis' offer great flex and grip.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/astrum08/8665484634/

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
dsc_3717-jpg.jpg

Got enough rear lights there?! :anguished:
I'd have one of those 3 wheelers as a weekend toy if I were minted, proper cool little cars.

Suzuki Jimny
I want a 3 wheeler so much it hurts.
Been in a 3 wheeler with the no-baffle option exhaust, a roadster (The V6 engined one), one of the basic ones and this exact car:

Charles-Morgan.jpg

Got to 130 very quickly indeed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got to admit - those three wheelers look a riot - proper fun.

Not sure about those Aero ones above though. They just look like they they've head-butted a lamp-post and not even attempted a repair. I never liked the Porsche 996 tear-drop headlights - but these Morgans are a whole new level entirely!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2

Not sure about those Aero ones above though. They just look like they they've head-butted a lamp-post and not even attempted a repair. I never liked the Porsche 996 tear-drop headlights - but these Morgans are a whole new level entirely!

They are mini headlights not 996 headlights.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They are mini headlights not 996 headlights.
No, I know that. Just that the 911 range has long been a favourite of mine. Then some designer decided to do what they did with the 996 lights and it was all a bit 'ewww' at the front end.

What I'm saying is that the Porsche example was bad enough. But with the Aero? It has a front end that only a hardcore Morgan owner could love. A shame too as the profile view of them looks amazing.

Corolla T-Sport

I agree entirely mate. The three wheelers were definitely my favourite. All the others are too curvy for me, they looked bad ass without any of the bodywork on!