ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more squeaking crashing noises from front suspension on full lock?

Hi i have been noticing over the past few weeks the squeaking/knocking/crashing noise i get when turning slowly on full lock to the right more severe.

When driving slowly , for instance when turning the car around it seems to be more of a squeaking sound, but some times it happens when taking a sharp right turn off from a road like at a t junction at some lights and i am in second gear , as soon as it is cornering sharply and goes over some rough road it seems the inner wheel jumps about and feels to be knocking and crashing.

from reading other posts i have a feeling it could be coming down to

top mounts have to much play

anti roll bar bushes have to much play

and dampers could be on its way out or already gone.

Is there any way i can check these with out taking all the suspension to bits.

I tried rocking the front of my car up and down then seeing if the damper stabilizes the movement once i stop but to be fair that may have worked with my old mini but the springs on the clio feel a lot stiffer and don't really rock much and stop immediately so not a very successful test.

just hoping i can pinpoint what the problem can be with out just replacing everything.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I have exactly same issue - what was wrong in the end? Mine squeaks and have the same problem when turning at slow speeds, feels like a wheel is about to drop off!