ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More pics from Burpspeed Llandow track day - 07-Mar-2013

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hi folks,

I managed to grab a few photos of people as they were enjoying the relatively dry Llandow conditions yesterday... :p

Firstly, a few disclaimers to save my embarrassment. These are nowhere near the quality of those kindly provided by Dan Freeman in his thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?687173-Burpspeed-Llandow-Track-day-Photos-7th-March. My main 'daddy-lens' was/is f**ked so they aren't the best quality, it's the first outing of the camera in months and I am nowhere as talented photography-wise as I like to think I am. Consequently there are some shockers (soft, badly composed, etc.) but I've stuck them up anyway. Now with the excuses out of the way :eek: here are a few from the set.

20130307_burpllandow_0019.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0020.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0037.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0038.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0042.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0045.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0058.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0060.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0066.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0073.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0074.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0076.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0083.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0085.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0086.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0090.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0094.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0095.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0105.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0107.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0114.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0117.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0121.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0125.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0128.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0130.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0131.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0132.jpg

20130307_burpllandow_0137.jpg

You can find more here:

http://fullyfuelled.com/media-view....h BurpSpeed.com&url=2013/20130307_burpllandow

Cheers :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If it wasnt for having seen Dan's pictures already I would be saying those were great and asking for the high res ones, but having had Dan's ones through already I wouldnt waste my eyes on looking again at your sub standard shots now, lol

Seriously though, very good pics compared to what most folk could manage, including me by a mile!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If it wasnt for having seen Dan's pictures already I would be saying those were great and asking for the high res ones, but having had Dan's ones through already I wouldnt waste my eyes on looking again at your sub standard shots now, lol
LMFAO! You complete b**tard!!! But very true. :eek:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Andy those pics are great. I tried to take a few pics and my lens misted up and all I got was blurred images.
Cheers, Pete. I was a complete knobber in the end as I'd forgotten the rain cover and towels to keep it dry. I had no idea what the photos looked like on the LCD screen due to the rain and misting either! :eek: It was literally point, click and hope for the best. I had to put the camera and my gear in the boiler cupboard to allow it to dry gently overnight as it got soaked. :eek: One thing I did notice though was that you were having a LOT of fun out there in the Panda... ;)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The panda was awesome. Awesome enough to persuade me to get one at some point. So much fun and Pete was peddling it heroically. Did a great 'moment' in front of me coming out of glue pot.

Good shots of mine, cheers Andy. Can you PM me that engine spec at some point bud, cheers :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
See, it's always good to have more than one photographer else Dan wouldn't have any shots of his car then ;)

The panda was awesome. Awesome enough to persuade me to get one at some point. So much fun and Pete was peddling it heroically. Did a great 'moment' in front of me coming out of glue pot.

Good shots of mine, cheers Andy. Can you PM me that engine spec at some point bud, cheers :)

It was more than a moment Oli, I saw my whole life flash before my eyes slower than the tyre wall. Still don't know how I caught it in time. At least I kept it on the black stuff when you were in it. Cheers for the ride in the oil guzzler.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I had a moment towards the end of the day where I was heading towards the tyre wall after glue pot.
Ring piece went 50p 20p for a split second then I sorted myself out :)
Didn't happen again

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks folks :)

Love that Exige!
You and me both, mate. It's a stunner and I don't mind admitting I'm a bit jealous. :eek:

Cheers, Oli - and yes, I'll get the spec PM'd over very soon.

Great pics! Seriously! This man can pan ;)
Thanks for the photos of my car too :)
Thanks, Dan - you're welcome. It's the least I could do in return for the excellent photos you got of my Trophy on the previous couple of occasions.

172 Race Car
Nice shots Andy, id not even attempt to take pics of cars doing 100mph, Lol

Aww the mk1 looking funny. Stupid bonnet pin kept on coming loose! Like we say Cos Track car. :)
I love that car, its just a pile of awesome. Made him drive a bit better too. got him carrying more speed through Glue pot, so much so he out braked himslef into turn 1 twice, Good lad :D

Love that Exige!
Its serious machine. The best thing ive ever 'driven' by a mile. A proper drivers car. I will own one (Elise probably) one day

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You and me both, mate. It's a stunner and I don't mind admitting I'm a bit jealous. :eek:

+1 I'm certainly jealous of it, might go on an experience day at Silverstone in one in fact as I doubt I'll ever be luckily enough to own one lol.

Its serious machine. The best thing ive ever 'driven' by a mile. A proper drivers car. I will own one (Elise probably) one day

That's good to hear, just makes me want a go in one even more! Although I would probably be absolutely useless in one considering I have never tried RWD :eek:.

172 Race Car
That's good to hear, just makes me want a go in one even more! Although I would probably be absolutely useless in one considering I have never tried RWD :eek:.
i thought the same as my RWD track experience is limited. I did a trackday in a Clio V6 once but we wont talk about that. :eek:

but the Lotus is easy to go 'quick' in. I drove it in the soaking wet (proper monsoon and track part flooded) on R888's and it had sooooo much grip. Even at 7/10ths its still an awesome car. Just like a big go-kart. I know its said a lot but it really is. Seating position, gear change, pedals, visibility all perfect. You can keep your exotic stuff this is the thing to have if you like driving. I cant imagine much better tbh, as an all round package.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've driven porkies supercharged exige a few times and its epic, easily one of the best cars i have ever driven, perfect balance from the chassis and by no means slow either, but I wouldn't actually want one myself. Too much money to bin means I would only ever drive it at nine tenths and they are SO good that you would be at that pace in a day no bother and then just get bored of it IMHO.
Last few trackdays I've been to with porkie he's been out continually in his Clio and either not touched at all or only had a quick go in the exige so I guess he feels the same. Truly amazing cars but I think they are a victim of their own success tbh. I got to the stage in porkies within a few sessions that I was sliding it through bends on opposite lock and then decided that pushing any harder was going to risk being expensive so handed the keys back and took his Clio out instead.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
More great photos, good work Sharkinator!

Standout highlights for me are Dan's Exige, which just looks so focused, and Pete's 100HP Panda - superb!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great shots Andy!

I love that car, its just a pile of awesome. Made him drive a bit better too. got him carrying more speed through Glue pot, so much so he out braked himslef into turn 1 twice, Good lad :D

Haha, was following these laps in Nicks cup! Didn't realising you were passenger in it Jay, it was flying round!

Pete's Panda is AWESOME around Llandow. Even in the wet, you can be flat pretty much everywhere and because it has silly levels of grip, you can carry so much speed through the corners which really helps it on the straights. Love it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I was surprised how hard I had to try in our ph2 to get past pete, obviously ours was quicker on the straights but in the bends he was flying.