ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monster stickers on Clios - Why?

Would someone who has/who's friends have done it please actually give me some reasons as to:

1) Why sticker your car with brands?
2) Why is it ALWAYS Monster? (you never see Rowntrees or Robinsons, Red Bull or JD)
3) Why does it always seem to get done to Clios?

Because as far as I can make out:

1) No one covers their car in stickers of "things they like." I don't have a "skittles" theme or "Formula One TM" logos covering my car.
2) You're not Ken Block, or sponsered by Monster.
3) Monster certainly has zero Renault heritage & besides one man absolutely no motorsport pedigree

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
A muppet aquaintance I have has a black 1.2 Corsa C with black wheels, green callipers and drums and a few monster stickers. He thinks it is awesome.

RS6 C7
It's because monster they heavily involved in Motorsport, People think it's cool so they stick the stickers on and think they are sponsored:clown: That or they just like Monster, I have seen quite a few Red bull stickers about aswell.

Swift Sport
Monster stickers were cool for a few hours, only retards have them now.

I blame Kenneth Block.

Spotted Gally sporting some monster decals not that long ago.

374717_10150482066838681_514638680_8733879_1044827770_n.jpg

It's because monster they heavily involved in Motorsport

But they're not though?!?!?! As far as I and google images can tell it's literally only Ken Block (Fiesta WRC, 2008 Impreza, blob eye Impreza) and a Nascar or two?

No-one ever covered a Renault with big blue/yellow Elf stickers, a Ford with red/blue Gulf, a Citroen with Red Bull stickers. Literally the ONLY motorsport-liveried cars I've ever seen on the road are a few Imprezas and they had the stars rather than a big 888 down the side.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
In actual fact Monster sponsors quite a lot of faces in Motorsport. Ever heard of Terry Grant (One of the UK's best stunt drivers)? Monster. Liam Doran (Rallycross), Vaughn Gittin, ex Formula D champion, Monster. Micheal Schumacher. Monster (in fact both Merc GP cars are sponsored by Monster). Not to mention the various bike events they sponsor, and a few baja/dakar teams.

I could go on, Nate Adams, Valentino Rossi, Marco Simoncelli c**til recently :(), Monster sponsors quite a few people who I like in the motorsport world, without mentioning that kb.

I don't cover my car in Monster stickers, because that's stupid, but I do have a discreet M on the parcel shelf to show my appreciation (Along with a load of hillclimb/sprint event stickers). Wouldn't mind being sponsored by Monster at some point though.

EDIT: ( until*

Oh, and I don't believe in chavving a car, just so you know ;)

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
it was crap like Fido Dido from the 7up ad when I was younger....

My son will be learning to drive in the next few years so I've already started to try and point him away from shite like that. Only time will tell what happens.

Put it this way if his car is fit for the barry boys web site it ain't stopping on my drive....:D

It's a great way to tell who the idiots are on the roads. Generally the people putting those on drive like utter t***s and do the shitty mods that cost next to nothing.

I am stereotyping for a reason - they exist. Not everyone with a "monster" sticker is going to be a tool but most of them are.

RS6 C7
it was crap like Fido Dido from the 7up ad when I was younger....

My son will be learning to drive in the next few years so I've already started to try and point him away from s**te like that. Only time will tell what happens.

Put it this way if his car is fit for the barry boys web site it ain't stopping on my drive....:D

he best way to stop your son modding a car is to buy him a brand new one, I know not one of my mates with new cars touch them but atleast half of the ones with bangers do.

Listerine & Poledo
If I was going to "motorsport theme" my car, it wouldn't be Monster, that's for damn sure.

If i had a mint motor had the money to wrap it completely and had the inclination, then I'd sooner be looking at:-

Marlboro
Panasonic & Denso (on a Supercharged Mk.1/3 MR2)
Toll (on a VXR-8 with a full V8 Supercar bodykit)

Ultimately it would look 450% waff and be a total and complete waste of effort on the part of mankind, but it'd still be infinately better than plastering a motor in Halfords Special Grafix

EDIT: I'd make do with an R27 in LY with full factory livery though.. or a Peter-approved Sauber Impreza

sauber450.jpg

Last edited:
  RS6 C7
But they're not though?!?!?! As far as I and google images can tell it's literally only Ken Block (Fiesta WRC, 2008 Impreza, blob eye Impreza) and a Nascar or two?

No-one ever covered a Renault with big blue/yellow Elf stickers, a Ford with red/blue Gulf, a Citroen with Red Bull stickers. Literally the ONLY motorsport-liveried cars I've ever seen on the road are a few Imprezas and they had the stars rather than a big 888 down the side.

Monster sponsor absolutely loads of stuff, They are all over Motocross and rally, As said in the post above Terry grant who seems to be at just about every car show i go to has monster sticker plastered all over his cars.

In actual fact Monster sponsors quite a lot of faces in Motorsport. Ever heard of Terry Grant [no :p ] (One of the UK's best stunt drivers)? Monster. Liam Doran (Rallycross) [no :p ], Vaughn Gittin, [no :p ] ex Formula D champion [never even heard of Formula D :p ], Monster. Micheal Schumacher [yes! lol]. Monster (in fact both Merc GP cars are sponsored by Monster) [Has anyone besides me never seen anything green or monster related on either car?]. Not to mention the various bike events they sponsor, and a few baja/dakar teams.

but I do have a discreet M on the parcel shelf to show my appreciation (Along with a load of hillclimb/sprint event stickers).

Interesting to hear. I guess they do a bit more stateside and the less mainstream stuff like stunt driving or Dakar as you say.

I understand showing the appreciation, I quite liked the Elf sticker on the back window of my 182 to remind me of the motorsport pedigree behind the brand of car I'd bought and that I'd bought it because of how it drove and how it made me feel not how it looked/made me look/the badge/new number plate or any of the things normal people buy based on.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I love monster energy drinks, but wouldn't put stickers on my car, I think its because monster are associated with more extreme forms of driving and people think they are part of it by putting stickers on their car. I actually saw a guy in the cribs causeway (bristol) mcdonalds (one of the employees) with the monster claw tattoo' down his arm, now thats a step to far

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I see a few of these around. Normally I ignore it and get on with my life, if someone wants their Corsa C to look like they're about to climb Pike's Peak, then let 'em

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Ken Block is a fag. Therefore all his little follower fags are like sheep and feel the need to cover there cars in the stickers of a foul tasting energy drink just like him.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I must admit that i was going to be one of these idiots that was going to plaster my car with (ken block)monster livery, only reason why i was going to do it was i love the livery and to be different.

It's ok i've seen the light so not going to bother anymore.
Here's a pic i had photoshopped to see what it was going to look like.
860fcf69.gif

Button was personally sponsored by Monster in 2009 when he wont he championship, check the images.

Carry on/

Oh and studies show that if you drink this stuff regularly, you have a massive increased risk of getting diabetes when you are 40.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
he best way to stop your son modding a car is to buy him a brand new one, I know not one of my mates with new cars touch them but atleast half of the ones with bangers do.

i never chav'd a car, i've never spent over £900 on a car - mummy and daddy also didnt buy me a car, pay for my insurance (also insurance has always been in my name), or even pay for lessons.

Only mods i've ever done are to help stay on the road (and a bit of power).

An orange one
i never chav'd a car, i've never spent over £900 on a car - mummy and daddy also didnt buy me a car, pay for my insurance (also insurance has always been in my name), or even pay for lessons.

Only mods i've ever done are to help stay on the road (and a bit of power).

s**t mum and dad? :p

Monster stickers on your car = pure council estate, look utter s**t and I'm yet to see a car with them fitted where the driver didn't look like some sort of failed genetic experiment.

Liquid Yellow R27
I must admit that i was going to be one of these idiots that was going to plaster my car with (ken block)monster livery, only reason why i was going to do it was i love the livery and to be different.

It's ok i've seen the light so not going to bother anymore.
Here's a pic i had photoshopped to see what it was going to look like.
860fcf69.gif

This one doesn't look to bad IMO. It'd have to be on a 172 or 182 though.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The vertical 'drip' monster graphic is really bad. I love the original impreza hatch vinyl with the dc fading the white into the black...

The monster drink itself was only ever ok... The blue one was 'interesting' i think I almost shat myself after drinking two of them though.

I used to love monster but since I have common sense I know that one sticker on the rear bumper wouldn't make my car look like a gymkhana/rallycross monster, it'd make me look like a prick.

Win
431.jpg

Just no.
ken_block_gymkhana_fiesta.jpg

Monster stickers on any road car look shocking. I saw a silver saxo vtr on the regular with monster stickers, nasty bits of sprayed green parts and bright green side lights. Just no, makes me wonder whats going on upstairs with the owner.

Like... 'Yeah, I know, if i stick loads of monster energy stickers and green shite bits on my car I will automatically be Ken Block and my car will look amazingggggggggggggg'.

Hmmm. NO.

Rant Over :).

mk2 ph2
i used to be one of the tubes that had this on his clio :(. but mine made some sense my second name is munn few friends call me munnster so it kind of fitted in but then i got sick of looking at it and pull it off