ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco shed Project !!!

Clio sport 182
spray shack is located in leomister heres the postcode etc

Spray Shack
Unit 11A Croft Business Park
Clinton Road
Leominster
Herefordshire
HR6 0RJ
Tel: 01568 613283
Mobile: 07795 102 424

give Simon a call or text about prices hes very peticular in his work and a top notch job :cool:

RenaultSport 182FF
thanks for the lovely comments the Arctic has com along way and still has a fair few bits todo until im happy with it it was being treated to a summer TLC at Midlands car care after coming from Spray Shack after having the key mark painted out the quarter panel and its going back to spray shack for a new bonnet as it has a combination of damage and rust chips but
Cazzy Car is all up together and having the Recaros hopefully fitted by ClioSport Saturday :clap:

cheers once again for the comments :cool:

It's getting there and with the addition of my mint rear seats its looking even better now :clap:

All you need now Pete... Recaro's, a 'rug doctor' session and something I am in the progress of making for my car ;)

Clio 172 Monaco
All this rain I can't help but love my beading I get on my car :D
null_zpsfa750147.jpg

null_zpsb012336b.jpg

null_zps2229b48b.jpg

awesome beading! Only good thing about rain!! :(

Clio 172 Monaco
Well yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and buy genuine Recaro frames and mounts from capital seating this was very costly at £300 delivered. I should get the drivers side delivered today & see the passenger side in 1-2 weeks.
Someone brought a passenger side the same day as me :( I'm planning to do what this guy did to his http://www.cliomods.com/styling/fittingrecaros/ but for now I will just play the waiting game :D

Clio 172 Monaco
So I've done a little update
people kept take piss out of my orange side indicators :( I have now changed them to white :D only taken me about a year LOL! :D excuse my dirty car :eek:
null_zpsc6f29aaa.jpg

I have also put a new set of pedals in as my clutch pedal was breaking away from the metal behind it and the others all looked worn and tiered. So I pick up a used set of pedals from Spray Shack for free :D Thanks Simon! :) they are far better condition then what mine are and I wasn't willing pay £40-60 for a set off eBay!
So here is a before pic excuse my dirty matts! :eek:
null_zps4b8d03b8.jpg

After
null_zpsc7a577e5.jpg

Clio 172 Monaco
Update :D So i have now fitted my Recaro seats. I brought the frames from capital seating as finding the frames to fit where so hard and i dont know the right people to have them made so they cost me £300 in total for just the frames! So this is what i did with the frames i followed this link and did what this guy did :) http://www.cliomods.com/styling/fittingrecaros/ the seats fit like a dream.

I also contacted Ady182 to make me the Recaro stickers for my frames i decided to go with anthracite grey colour to match my bullets and the writing on my engine cover :D

here the frame you can see how low these seats are :) sorry for rubbish iphone pics!
null_zpsfd267825.jpg

null_zps3e17066c.jpg

And here the pics of them fitted! But stickers are not fitted yet :) the bits that look like marks on the seats its just the sun not any marks they are mark free just couple marks on back of the plastic & a small fag burn on passenger seat :(
null_zps8425adb1.jpg

null_zps6886c09b.jpg

null_zpsf5ef3a18.jpg

i touched the fag burn in with a black pen as you could see the yellow foam
null_zpsd48ec85f.jpg

I really am happy with these seats they are a great mod! They hold you so much better when takeing them tight corners ;)
after i fitted them i washed my car.
And to my horror i noticed this stone chip and i cant belive how it did this my fresh bonnet that was done a couple months ago it didnt just take the paint off it was like a flake i then noticed a couple more small ones but its a daily drive so it going to happen :)
Here a pic of the worse 1 tho :(
null_zps50f0cfbd.jpg

The pic makes it look so much smaller than it is! I was at spray shack picking my other halfs bonnet up when me and Simon looked at this chip more closely we cant get over how it left the paint like it did you would usually just have a big chip but not a flake lol!!

My car still looks tidy under the bonnet too :D
null_zpsb4629695.jpg

I decided it cant be left like this as i would only get worse with no paint or protection on so my bonnet is now back with Simon so he can fill that in and look at my other chips i am going to leave it with him till 1 week before CS Saturday so less chance of the bonnet geting more chips :)

null_zps5907e483.jpg

SEE YOU ALL THERE! :D

Clio 172 Monaco
You really are throwing money into your car aint you haha, Recaro's looking awesome too
Gutting about that stone chip, see you there too!

Yeah i am too much LOL! Just trying get it looking its best as i can and keep it that way :D hope it pays off looking good at CS saturday :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Lol i do get that feeling now and again thinking mehh f**k it cant be assed but then my OCD kicks in and says nooo sort it out LOL its going to be hard to keep it looking fresh with 3 hr drive to CS saturday. But im sure i will work something out :D i will try and say hello to alot more people this year! As i was only a newbie at the last 1 :p
If spray shack are doing a stand i hope to park near his stand :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Are you drive on the day or staying over night before? Im thinking going up on the day lol! :D it was good last year :D big turn out :) see you there :D

Im actually going up on the friday camping then having the whole day there and camping saturday too, and Ron has planned a sunday breakfast too :p
I know I just look at the pics from last year and it tempts me everytime so I just thought "why not!" lol

Clio 172 Monaco
Ahh fair dos :) i might camp saturday only might though LOL!! :D was good day out last year :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Little update my car had a little birthday its now sat on 160k
null_zps79a13f02.jpg

I'm going to be cleaning the Monaco tomorrow and puting new stickers on the windows and boot before heading over to La France :rasp:
Me and my partner decided to head over to Monaco in my Monaco :lolup: we leave at 12 midnight Sunday for 5 days where we will also be visiting La mans & some other places.
The weather suppose to be pretty good too!! :cool: I am really looking forward to it and i will take lots of pics and post them up on here of my car at some fantastic places! P.S wish me luck on the long drive in the Recaros its going kill our backs LOL

null_zps03eb8706.jpg

Clio 172 Monaco
So i have put my new stickers on the windows :) i like them i finally got round to puting the Recaro stickers on too! :D
image_zps7446809d.jpg

image_zps8749ec7c.jpg

image_zpseb6119c7.jpg

I must admit though i forgot to put the CS 2013 sticker on :( will do that next weekend :D

Clio 172 Monaco
I went to France in my car drove all the way there apart from the ferry bit :p in total the milage of my trip was 2343 miles!
It was so worth it! I also found out Recaros are not that great on a long drive you start to feel your spine to snap. We thought about this ahead and had pillows with us to add extra padding on the spine :) worked a treat!!

First i had to clean the car ready for all the miles and do the usual checks being a Renault and a clio ;)

image_zps155f7003.jpg

Bit of fun with the foam!! How i love this stuff!
image_zps32d8e608.jpg

image_zps2c0ee99a.jpg

image_zps911fd2df.jpg

I swear by this stuff the beading on this is awesome and give you protection on paint for up to 3 months!
image_zps127a9e2a.jpg

image_zps24b9bf59.jpg

image_zpsa870ffb9.jpg

1st stop was Monaco! It was over a 13 hour drive! The roads on the way down was fun :D but the french are crap at joining roads and bridges together lol BUMPY! :p and we spent over £200 in bridges to pay to use the roads :( and we moan about our yearly tax LOL!!

image_zps5a7856e5.jpg

Monaco was fantastic it was worth all the traveling i lost count how many nice cars i seen! :D all the multi millionaires there you could tell who had the cash!!

image_zps36312aa9.jpg

image_zps9a53a866.jpg

image_zpsed3febf9.jpg

image_zps25ae3f2e.jpg

image_zps320e8cac.jpg

Will update the other pics when i have time to get them
odf my camera :D

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Monaco
Little update for you Monaco fans :D i have just taken my car back to Russ at Midlands car care so its nice and protected from the winter :) here a couple of snaps Russ and his team never fail to amaze me in there work!

Here a nice 50/50 shot from have a dent removal at CSS14 he was a bit too handy with his polish :(
image_zpsa034ae12.jpg

Russ also found some awful sanding marks on my rear quarter but i don't know how they happened as its not had any work on it :(
image_zpsc2f741b3.jpg

Russ managed to sort the marks out though! Fair play to his work!
image_zpse6b82a08.jpg

& here some finished shots! :D i love this Monaco!!

image_zps0a916aaf.jpg

image_zps5e3cf6df.jpg

image_zps4d6a006c.jpg

Finally a pic of the millage ;)

image_zpse65176eb.jpg

I had a Paintwork Enhancement Detail, CarPro DLUX on the wheels to keep them protected over Winter, Nanolex Glass Ultra on the glass to stop it freezing and to remove the need for Wipers over winter all topped off with Swissvax's £800 Crystal Rock wax!

Love it :) so much love given to that clio. Maybe I should start treating my monaco a bit better it has less than half the miles but mines just a daily 5lag gets abused lol.

Clio 172 Monaco
Haha my car my daily drive too :) & yes you should start give your Monaco some love shame on you lol!! :D

Clio 172 Monaco
Its really good! If i did it again i would spend more time in Monaco its really nice drive but very long LOL & Recaro seats not the best for long drives talk about back pain :D

Clio 172 Monaco
Going give this a good clean for french car show saturday :clap: its now at 170k miles

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Monaco
Sadly this is the end the car was writen off yesterday in a front end smash :( all parts for sale!