ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco shed Project !!!

Clio 172 Monaco
Thank you it will look even more better once Russ has done his fine detailing work on it can't wait to see the Monaco shine!! :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Bad news someone from my next door decided to drink and drive and got in his car and reversed into the back of my freshly new painted back BUMPER!! Fuming! However I have CCTV images of the accident of them leaving there house and getting in the car with a beer barley walking getting ready to drive! So I rang the police this morning and as I have no reg I need find out his details but te issue is they hardly speak English :-( and they tried to deny they knew the car until I showed them the CCTV and then they said its there friends , friend that owns the car and that they would find the details out for me I have to go to police station later to show them my car and report leaving accident and not reporting it so what to do :-(

Clio 172 Monaco
Well I seen the guy who did it and his car so today I got his reg details and his insurance details he was trying argue that it's not a scratch and it would simply polish out! :lolup: Then he offer me £20!! Haha don't think that will cover it :argue: So he then tried the game of me being a girl I know nothing! And said if I claim my insurance will go up £500 wtf?! I'm the victim HERE! Why would my insurance go up when your the guy who decided to drink and drive and leave scene of a accident and failed to report it and driveing with out due care and attention So I think I will be the only winner here! Then he tried offer me £20 again and argue there no scratch as his iPhone could not pick it up on its camra :S Anyways police now have all his details and I will shortly been contacting my insurance what a load of hassle!!! Can see why people get so angry when people hit them!:bump:

Clio 172 Monaco
So went to CSS and had all my dents pulled out for £80 :clap: I have also sent my car in to motofox body repair and they are puting a new back bumper on and respray and also going give my bonnet a full respray then it's booked in this week with RUSS for full detail! Will uploade pics Once done! Also I'm have my new driveshafts fitted and rebuilt gear box!

Clio 172 Monaco
couple update pics got my carbon bullets fitted and carbon foglights fitted :D and had my car detailed by midlands car care :)

DSCN0086.jpgDSCN0088.JPGDSCN0087.JPGmonaco 2.jpg

Attachments

• monaco.jpg
    monaco.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 47
  Clio 172 Monaco
Thank you! a lot of effort and time has gone in to this car i almost feel my self geting OCD over it haha thats when u know you love your car :)

Clio
Thank you! a lot of effort and time has gone in to this car i almost feel my self geting OCD over it haha thats when u know you love your car :)

iam the same with my ph1 had it 3 years and still love it even though its only a 1.2 :).. always cleaning it :p:)..

Clio 172 Monaco
If a car knows you look after it I reckon they look after you too :) 150,000 miles still going strong as ever :-D

Clio 172 Monaco
Little update :) motofix damaged my car even worse than I thought they polished it so much they burnt the paint :-( and scratched my driver door. They also sprayed my front splitter a original splitter my I add :-( due to them not covering it up very well!
so they are now paying for spray station to spray my whole 1 side and for a new splitter from Renault :) They are also paying for another detail by Midlands Car Care as they parked my car next to a building that was bring knocked down waited till it was covered in dust then washed it not once but 4 times! :-(

Clio 172 Monaco
My car is now going to have a full side respray as the paint readings were really low from where motofix tryed polishing it too much :dapprove: so the insurance are paying for this :) I am also paying for the front bumper to be resprayed as the paint is chipping and there loads of stone marks from the roads :race: i am then haveing it detailed again by Russ at midlands car care i will uplode pics when its all finished! :clap: ooh i also brought a carbon skined bumper insert from chris powell :rasp:

Shame about the damage to the car and the poor repair following, the pics after the detail look lovely!

I'm not sure if its to your taste but for me some white side indicator lenses would be a good addition.

Clio 172 Monaco
yeah i had the white side repeaters on when i 1st had the car but like the OE look with a few little carbon extras :p

Clio 172 Monaco
Update...

I have now got my car back from Spray Station and Midlands Car Care :clap: The car went in for a whole side respray and a detail after it was wrecked by Motofix :banghead:

Paint_zps7628a279.jpg

Spray Station prep before paint :approve:
cliopaint_zps3730f9e0.jpg

Fresh new paint :cool: the paint on this is Fantastic Mick did such a good job i will be going back to him with my front bumper and bonnet after looking at his evo it is the best paint shop i have seen!! I was told about him through Russ at Midlands Car Care.
Beforeitsdetailafterspraystation_zpsa99e59b6.jpg

nice dryed paint before its detail as you can see it looks nice before its even had its detail.
restore_zps6a447975.jpg

Spray Station (Mick) also sprayed some of my plastics black as they were so faded restore products just wouldn't touch it.
wipersrestored_zpsec7a736f.jpg

Im told the black on the plastic should also last up 2 years! but the paint work should last for years!! after looking at his evo that was painted 9 years a go it still looks brilliant
photo33_zps1feb464b.jpg

Russ used Zaino Europe Z2 & Swissvax UK Shield

Thanks for looking comments and feedback welcome!! :clap:

Clio 172 Monaco
A huge thank you to Russ and his team for answering all my insurance calls all the crap we had to go through to get this far!! and to Spray Station for the paint work i would recommend them to anybody :cheers:

Clio 172 Monaco
Next plans are to get my front bumper and bonnet resprayed and to buy a cup spoiler is there anything I could add to this? Opinions please :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Booked in for my bonnet and front bumper respray and a little detail with Midlands Car Care and top up on swissvax I have also got a streamline carbon front splitter to fit :) the gear box rebuild will be done in this time too can't wait to have it perfect now!

Clio 172 Monaco
Right its been a while since i have updated this thread :eek: but have been saving my pennies to get my car back up to a good spec and give it that well deserved loving

to do end of next week is all with Genuine parts :approve:

Remove engine and gearbox
New clutch/flywheel
Gearbox strip and rebuild
Cambelt kit/auxbelt kit + dephaser pulley
Major service
Have a major clean and tidy up as the engine bay is looking tired and showing its age
Fit my standard suspension
Sort out an exhaust leak with new fixing kit
Sort a few oil leaks

And after all of that is done its off to Spray Shack for a brand new front bumper to be sprayed and a cup spoiler to be fitted :cool:

Plenty of pictures will be taken and updates will follow shortly

Clio 172 Monaco
Right its been a while since ive updated

The other half made a start this saturday on the mamouth task of doing all the last repair work to the car with a little bit of help from me supplying bacon butties and the odd drink ;) heres a few piccys to help

IMG_1356_zps293e1888.jpg

up on all 4 axles stands ready wheels loose and hub nuts
IMG_1360_zpsa33ce3da.jpg

front end off slowly getting there
IMG_1365_zpsc7690e1e.jpg

piles getting bigger not far off from removing the engine
IMG_1366_zps8f459b78.jpg

found out im due some tyres also
Mr bean had a few issues with the starte motor wiring and unexpected extra bills with the driveshaft
IMG_1378_zps92963250.jpg

IMG_0452_zps92851078.jpg

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 182FF
I've never seen a project thread where the person who starts the thread gets the 'other half' to do all of it :D

Bravo:clap:

Clio 172 Monaco
well after taking a break and having a bacon butty i was cracking back onto it well Mr bean was :rasp:

IMG_1368_zps8d5c88c0.jpg

IMG_1364_zps3e65c1cd.jpg

bit of a mess on the block paving but have you ever tried to catching all the coolant as it runs everywhere :eek:

IMG_1376_zpsd9cb700b.jpg

well its nearly ready to lift this was my part in helping by operating the lifting :approve:
IMG_1379_zps0cf86558.jpg

lots of CV grease all up the back of the engine where the gaitor has split !!!

172 Cup
But she is making the important bacon sandwiches ;)

I'm in the same boat as you, giving the car a refresh but finding things add to list so more money lol. Key'd rear 1/4 added to my list yesterday.

Clio 172 Monaco
so that was all of saturday taking the engine out. Sunday was cleaning off the engine bay,wheel arches and pressure washing off the worst of the engine then Mr Bean would be stripping the engine down monday ready for repainting parts and new belts dephaser etc

IMG_1385_zps705c9bc4.jpg

DSCF0763_zps564085a4.jpg

DSCF0787_zpsa652de63.jpg

found when we stripped the gearbox that it was in a bad state and really in need of that rebuild the clutch wasnt fairing well neither covered in gearbox oil

IMG_0446_zpsc74401bb.jpg

found that the dephaser pulley was a little knackered to say the least and timing out a little

IMG_1393_zps6befb2ab.jpg

engine all locked with the proper tools and ready for the strip down

IMG_1394_zps1c82179b.jpg

not the best picture but when removing the injector rail we noticed that number 2 injector was a bit scabby around the jet so will be replaced with a better one

Clio sport 182
But she is making the important bacon sandwiches ;)

I'm in the same boat as you, giving the car a refresh but finding things add to list so more money lol. Key'd rear 1/4 added to my list yesterday.

i know how you feel buddy had my 1/4 panel key'd also :mad: scumbags!!! and yeah a few added costs when i was removing bits but cant be helped you only find these things out when you start pulling it apart

Clio 172 Monaco
another update

Mr bean has been busy today sorting out the rest or the engine and putting the engine back he's removed the sump and replaced the gasket as it was leaking also cast his eye over the bottom end all looked really well for a 155k engine !!! so that was re-sealed and torqued up. Then it was time to move onto the cambelt area as i have been having a few issues with a noise at around 80-90mph so Mr bean set out to see if it was anything todo with the cambelt. Mr bean found that the dephaser pulley was completely shot and well due a replacment its never been replaced until now so it shows looking after your engine helps.

Mr bean also found that one of the idler pulleys was really noisy so he thinks this is the cause for the noise i was hearing around 80mph as this engine has had a hard life with a fair few trackdays and european driving and we both thought as it had a hard life to change the belts early was only changed 3yrs ago and at 90k. All new genuine belts and dephaser pulley fitted also treated to a new water pump and OE aux belt kit engine was pritty much done before he put the belts on he also resealed the rocker cover. The other half was then to move onto the gearbox strip and rebuild.

here are a few pics from tuesdays building

IMG_0454_zps8c64de56.jpg

IMG_0457_zpsa1ba49be.jpg

IMG_0459_zps7c5b76da.jpg

IMG_0460_zps817461fe.jpg

it was a nice day so cracked on with it all outside :cool:

Clio 172 Monaco
Wednesday Update

Today was the start of the gearbox strip and rebuild and also to pop to bristol to collect some parts for the clio also i was having a few issues with a water leak from the passenger side head linning since having the windscreen replaced a few weeks ago. So a fully packed day Mr bean was up nice and early braving the cold weather working away in the garage stripping the gearbox down he came across a few issues with the diff circlip not far off from breaking so a quick call to work to order a new circlip and spacer washer but Mr bean had a brain storm after we had ordered the parts that the spare 182 gearbox he had was fitted with a bolted diff and to see if he could use that in my gearbox ??
Mr bean did a bit of research on Cliosport via the search function :p that 1 or 2 people had modified the bolted diff clip to fit the older type of gearbox i dont no if this is possiable but Mr bean's old man is an engineer so we shall see.

so we went off to bristol to see ya53lhd_MATT to pick up a new clutch cable and cup suspension as my ebach springs are to stiff for what i need now straight back just in time for the glass company to turn up the bloke was really sympathetic and criticised the previous guys windscreen skills as he had done a bodge job by not prepping the screen also damaging trims and glue-ing my ultrasonic sensors into the glass bonding :mad: to put it bluntly i reckon i could have done a better job a quick phone call to my insurance company to complain about the blatent disregard for my clio and poor skill was a total winner they re-inburst me my excess for the glass so wasnt bad

tomorrow is wheel cleaning ready for Gtechniq seal while the other half carrys on with the gearbox rebuild.

here is a couple of pics.

IMG_1419_zps1f05b689.jpg

a genuine renault rebuild kit and its contents hopefully sort out all that crunching in gears
IMG_1420_zps9a6bfbdc.jpg

IMG_0467_zpsc34cfe88.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsf24cbc76.jpg

IMG_0472_zps088bf15f.jpg

heres the pics from the windscreen
IMG_1413_zps556a546f.jpg

IMG_1414_zps3cf47a4f.jpg

IMG_1415_zps5da033e2.jpg